rioters is offline Junior Member

a few basic questions

ok ill really appreciate ne help or opinions here
    my calves arent growing but i think thats mainly cause i cant work them out properly cause when i try too after just the first 3 sets on the standing calf raise the arch of my foot burns so ****ing bad it feels like im going to cry
    what am i possibly doing wrong for that to happen or what can i do to stop it from happening
    it happens on the seated calf raise or using the leg press to do calves.
    my biceps...i train them till failure each time i do but in comparison to the rest of my body other than my calves they are really small what can i do other than training till failure and supersetting to get them to grow
    even when i train them to failure they are not stiff or even remotely sore the next day like they used to be when i first started gymming
    i do a whole host of bicep excersises changing from work out to work out so i think i must be doing something wrong...
    i do bicep tricep and forearm on a day
    ive tried alternating to bicep/back and tricep/chest but even then i dont seem to be too successful at the moment
    one last thing that bothers me ive had almost permanent pain in my right wrist
    altho i can train everhting else fine it makes forearms way too painful to train so i have to use one of those stupid ass handgrips which altho are working seem to not be going fast enough what else can i do for forearms that dosnt involve too much wrist movement

thx for ne help

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by rioters
    ok ill really appreciate ne help or opinions here
    my calves arent growing but i think thats mainly cause i cant work them out properly cause when i try too after just the first 3 sets on the standing calf raise the arch of my foot burns so ****ing bad it feels like im going to cry
    what am i possibly doing wrong for that to happen or what can i do to stop it from happening
    it happens on the seated calf raise or using the leg press to do calves.
    my biceps...i train them till failure each time i do but in comparison to the rest of my body other than my calves they are really small what can i do other than training till failure and supersetting to get them to grow
    even when i train them to failure they are not stiff or even remotely sore the next day like they used to be when i first started gymming
    i do a whole host of bicep excersises changing from work out to work out so i think i must be doing something wrong...
    i do bicep tricep and forearm on a day
    ive tried alternating to bicep/back and tricep/chest but even then i dont seem to be too successful at the moment
    one last thing that bothers me ive had almost permanent pain in my right wrist
    altho i can train everhting else fine it makes forearms way too painful to train so i have to use one of those stupid ass handgrips which altho are working seem to not be going fast enough what else can i do for forearms that dosnt involve too much wrist movement

thx for ne help
    Hay bro,, with the calves this is common I get it from time to time, what I done to stop it was take my trainers of and placed a towel on the step and used that, it was fine.
    You may need a thicker towel.

Ok the biceps this could be a number of things..
    1 you are overstraining the biceps remember that they are a small muscle, not needing much stimulation 3 bar curls, 2 alternative, and 2hammers, will be enough.
    2 your biceps have adapted to what you are doing leave them for a week and then train this will shock the biceps in to new growth.
    3 you are not progressing properly always remember to add weight to the bar each week not! 5kg, use small amounts each week, over time this will add up and you won’t Evan realise..
    4 give the biceps there own day to hit them while there fresh, and you are feeling strong.
    5 if you do give them there own day keep them away from back day to minimise overlapping body parts.
    7 are you dead lifting and squatting if not do so,,
    And you may think about dropping forearms as they get good stimulation with almost every thing you do, so the possibility for overtraining is high that could be the reason you have the pain...

I.m.o to insure progression you do not have to train to failure every session as long as you do progress, make sure you take notes of every thing you do. if you do 10 repds with 40kg one week you don’t have to do 50kg the next week to failure if you can do 42-43kg this is still going to give you growth because it is a new stimulant to the body, Evan if you feel you could do 1-2 more reps, hope thats helped you out bro,
    S.P.G
    Last edited by S.P.G; 07-16-2005 at 04:28 AM.

Thread Information