Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BigJames is offline Senior Member

Talking Swolecat's Leg Routine...

Bros, I just finished doing Swole's leg routine for 8 weeks and it really worked! I gained size on my thighs, I added almost 40 lbs on my squat, I added 30 lbs on my leg curls, and I added 50lbs on my leg extensions! This program is hard as hell to get through because of the physical and psychological challenge it presents, but I recommend it to anyone who wants to do a shock routine for a couple of months. I could not believe the results.

Some of you may recall that Swole removed the thread that this was originally posted on due to some unnecessary critique from others, I cut and pasted it into a word doc for my records...I would like to repost it here, but only with Swole's consent. If it is already reposted elsewhere then just look it up...it is good.

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    I would love to see it.

getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    yea i would like to see it as well. Maybe email us your word document.

I will PM Swole and see if he says...

ya_man is offline Member
    yeah man...send one this way too...if u need my email address...hit me with a PM...i need somethin new

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i'm up for that

hook it up my man

Swolecat's Leg Protocol

Permission has been granted....enjoy....

The following was originally posted by Swolecat...

"If you want a change, or are looking for something new for legs, this one has never failed to add some size to the legs of those that I have "prescribed" this to. You will notice that after doing this for a month or two, your regular squat poundages will have increased a great deal, and so has your leg size! Make sure your diet/pwo offerings address your efforts in the gym, or nothing will work.

Try this:

1) Leg extensions - 4 to 5 sets of 15-20. Nice and slow and controlled, not heavy to put pressure on the knee. This is to thoroughly warm up/pre-fatigue the quads, not injure/stress the knees w/an open chain movement. (many make this mistake)

2) Hamstring curls - 4 to 5 sets of 15-20 using the same tempo as the extensions. Squeeze at the top, and don't lock out at the bottom. Try to flex the toes "down" at the top of the movement, you should feel the hams tighten even MORE.

You will want to superset the above. So do one set of quads, then move quickly and do the hams. That is one complete set. Rest about 2 mins, then repeat, and do this for all 4-5 sets.

Then the real work. You will do 4-5 sets of 20 rep squats. A bit wider than shoulder width, toes straight ahead w/perhaps a "slight" pointing of them outward, but not too far, it tweaks the knee. You want to use a weight that you can do about 15 reps with using a 3/2 tempo, and the last 5 should really tax you mentally but not too much physically. These are NOT rest paused. If you have to stop during the last 5 for more than 2 seconds before you do another rep, it's too heavy. You should just "want" to quit at 15, but you should be able to stick it out and hit 20. The 3/2 tempo is 3 seconds down, and 2 up w/a "slight" exlposion, but not that fast as exploding too fast is not recommended nor good for the knees. Do NOT lock out on the top, thus taking the stress off of the quads, and go ALL THE WAY down parallel when you descend. (No further than that, the ass to floor saying is b.s., you will wreck your knees)

You can use a smith machine for this to really concentrate on hitting the quads and hams at the bottom of the movement. Always, always push through your HEELS.............

4-5 sets of those and you should be cooked. Stretch after this, don't forget to. The next day you will be sore, but the day AFTER that, you will simply want to kill me.

After about a month or so of this (1 of these workouts per week, or every 6th day) you will notice your regular squat max or regular working poundages have increased quite well!! Make sure you are eating well of course and your diet/pwo offerings address your goals.

Best of luck!
    ~SC~"

Enjoy bros...this is some good stuff.
    Last edited by BigJames; 04-26-2005 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Forgot the title.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Yes i have been doing it for 3 weeks now and the pain i feel afterwards is NEW type of pain its not like a DEEP hurt its like a nice stiff clean ache over the ENTIRE Quad which is new to me because usually after a leg work out im sore in specific regions... i notice i sweat alot more too than other leg workouts... im pretty sure it has something to do w/ the uncanny amount of reps

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    Yes i have been doing it for 3 weeks now and the pain i feel afterwards is NEW type of pain its not like a DEEP hurt its like a nice stiff clean ache over the ENTIRE Quad which is new to me because usually after a leg work out im sore in specific regions... i notice i sweat alot more too than other leg workouts... im pretty sure it has something to do w/ the uncanny amount of reps
    No doubt it is the reps....that is without a doubt one of the most challenging workouts I have ever attempted...it requires an incredible amount of focus, determination, and honesty and leaves you with a sense of exhaustion and pain that is unprecidented. It hurts.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJames
    No doubt it is the reps....that is without a doubt one of the most challenging workouts I have ever attempted...it requires an incredible amount of focus, determination, and honesty and leaves you with a sense of exhaustion and pain that is unprecidented. It hurts.
    its funny because i had a routein similar to his leg protocol that i used on my back long ago fallowing suit w/ deads as he states to do w/ squats
    and using a lat pull/row's as he says to do w/ leg ext/leg curls... its just my order was different but it worked so well.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    You will find also that this type of routine lends itself to bettering the condition of the user who implements it as well. This leads to more productivity in other workouts, thus helping those bodyparts in yet another manner.

~SC~

I can't wait... starting tonight... I have to put some meat on these chicken bones!

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    looks pretty intense. sucks i worked out legs yesterday, i'll have to wait for next week, something to look forward to though

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    yea i just started working legs seriously, gonna stick with a more standard workout for now, ie squats, leg press, lunges just to get the initial soreness out n gain alittle strength, prob gonna start this in a month, cant wait to get my legs bigger, there so skiny right now

Quote Originally Posted by Machdiesel
    yea i just started working legs seriously, gonna stick with a more standard workout for now, ie squats, leg press, lunges just to get the initial soreness out n gain alittle strength, prob gonna start this in a month, cant wait to get my legs bigger, there so skiny right now

Sounds good bro. Hit those squats and presses hard and you should see some results. One thing I always think of when training legs (especially during presses) is something I read in Arnold's Bodybuilding Encyc where he says that when you have done your last rep, ask yourself if you truly cannot due one more rep...when I do this I usually end up able to do one or two more...

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    I like how people always knock SC. Why don't they step up and stand on stage next to SC and let us judge who's better. Keyboard warriors always ruin things.

diesel85 is offline Junior Member
    r there really cats that mock SC? ****, i usually take advice from people who look the part, and he's def. one of 'em...anyway, hey SC, i have some pretty severe low back problems (no diagnosis, haven't seen a doc yet), think these will hurt me too bad, since it's lighter weight? can something similar be done with leg press?

O.M.E.G.A is offline Douche Bag
    good stuff

I do the same thing

but do leg press in stead of squats

then after the leg press

finish off with 3 moderate heavy sets of full sqauts

toasted

It is now the day after trying out this leg workout.... Wow, can't walk properly, haven't felt this pain in a while... LOVE IT! Best of all, anyone trying to cut up for the summer gets a great sweat out of this one!

esone is offline Associate Member
    cant wait to give that a try thx SC

This is a great routine. To answer the questions about people "mocking" SC...it was more a couple of board members who read the routine and then immediately started comparing it to a routine that starts with heavy squats. They essentially misunderstood Swole's suggestion of using this workout as a shock workout and thought he was suggesting that this was the be all, end all leg routine which Swole never suggested it was...it was all pretty stupid IMO.

Yes, exactly.

It was stupid.

~SC~

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Right on, got leg day tomorrow. This will be nice for a change.

I did it two days ago, I am definently more sore than I have been since I first did legs... I did the "protocol" finished off by two sets of moderate heavy leg presses, it is a rediculously good routine mentioned above

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

cats don't want to mock SC

or the p-a-r-t-y will come hand out wholesale beatings!!!

JayP40 is offline Junior Member

shout out to swolecat

that work out is hell bro. on my last set I couldn't even walk forward to rack the weight. my partner had to practically push me forward into the rack. I felt like puking. havent felt like that after squats in years.

this is one helluva good workout. anyone who says other wise is just skeered to try it

Quote Originally Posted by partyboynyc
    or the p-a-r-t-y will come hand out wholesale beatings!!!

LOL!!!!!! Wholesale beatings, I love it!

~SC~

diesel85 is offline Junior Member

hey Swole

when doing this routine, you still do hamstrings on another day?

I did not...I found that after the supersets with the leg curls and the squats pushing through the heels I did not need to. After three weeks of this program I added straight leg deadlifts to finish off my hams.

SayHelotomylilFriend is offline Associate Member
    You will want to superset the above. So do one set of quads, then move quickly and do the hams. That is one complete set. Rest about 2 mins, then repeat, and do this for all 4-5 sets.
    What you guyz mean by the superset quad and hamcurl (7 up - 7 down - 7 full ?)
    if so.. I can hardly see how I could do 7 up or 7 down in a movement like leg extention ?

Quote Originally Posted by SayHelotomylilFriend
    What you guyz mean by the superset quad and hamcurl (7 up - 7 down - 7 full ?)
    if so.. I can hardly see how I could do 7 up or 7 down in a movement like leg extention ?
    What you are talking about is a "21" or "platoon" training technique. A superset is where you do a set of one excersize and then move right over to the other without resting. In this case, do a set of 20 extensions and then immediately hit the leg curl for 20 reps...no rest in between.

SayHelotomylilFriend is offline Associate Member
    thanks BigJames

dingobite is offline Associate Member
    Im up 4 plates this year this way with lower sets of 10s for 3 ive add size to half my thigh to me my quads are a sight for sore eyes for not bulging next to the knee though inner thigh and upper hams are huge though.

Sometimes my legs are blasted some times just sore cant wait till i can do more.
    Last edited by dingobite; 05-05-2005 at 09:11 PM.

cdogge is offline Associate Member
    bump....keep this crazy workout at the top....couldn't walk for two days..

yerg is offline Associate Member
    where can I find swolecats leg routine??

cdogge is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yerg
    Ummm are you serious?.....Try looking up

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    how long should this workout be done for seeing as its more of a shocker, but i saw SC post u will see good results sin a month, so maybe 6-8 weeks max??

harl is offline Associate Member
    Im going to try this next Monday...im dieting so I'll prolly will only be able to do 135lbs

Quote Originally Posted by yerg

ROFLMFAO!!!

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by Machdiesel
    how long should this workout be done for seeing as its more of a shocker, but i saw SC post u will see good results sin a month, so maybe 6-8 weeks max??
    What I do personally (because my legs respond better to this type of stimulus) is do THREE of these workouts (one each week for three weeks), then on the fourth week I'll change the workout and do squats first and go heavier (still 10-12 rep range, just not 20), and I'll then do stiff-leg deads after as well as lunges. So for every 3 workouts using my protocol above, I throw in one lower-rep heavier day to break up the monotony. However, I use the higher leg work as my staple simply because I respond better growth/hypertrophy wise to the higher rep scheme.

~SC~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information