amature225 is offline Associate Member

prevent gut during new cycle / tons of calories

I'm a thin guy, about 165 pounds, 6'3'' and starting a cycle. While I am taking in 3,500-4,000 calories a day, is there any way I can prevent getting a belly? I obviously want to gain as much weight as possible, but I would prefer it be in other parts of my body, not my gut..

any advice would be great.

j martini is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by amature225
    I'm a thin guy, about 165 pounds, 6'3'' and starting a cycle. While I am taking in 3,500-4,000 calories a day, is there any way I can prevent getting a belly? I obviously want to gain as much weight as possible, but I would prefer it be in other parts of my body, not my gut..

This really should be in the diet forum.

If you avoid foods with a high sugar content, that cause an insulin spike which tends to store more fat around the abdominals this should help.

But this is mainly a genetic issue and where you distribute your bodyfat, and unfortunately most males hold bodfat around their waists.

chest6 is offline Banned
    you are 165..gain as much as possible then cut afterwards

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    At 165, I'd say train naturally for a good many years, learn how to add lean mass, then add ancillaries.

No point in doing so now when you don't know how to add quality weight where you want it.

~SC~

chest6 is offline Banned
    whats your training experience??

I've been working out consistently for about 6 years. However, without proper guidance and CONSTANT diet, it has been very difficult to gain any weight. Over the past year I have been trying to figure out exactly what constricts my appetite (which has always been a problem for me). Over the past 6 months I have been thinking it was time for a cycle. (I did one in the past, about 3 years ago) but was not able to keep the weight on because of my inexperience with diet/workout/ my travel schedule, and how my body reacts to certain situations. I think I am competent enough now to keep everything in check.

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    There's nothing constricting your appetite. What you have to understand is that you don't have to be hungry to eat.

Post your diet here, in this very thread, and we'll see then. I wanna know what each of your meals contains.

And don't come back with something like "My diet consist of eggs steak and chicken" that doesn't mean shit. I wanna see your 6 meals layed out with quantities right here.

YEAH! What he said!

~SC~

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member

find out your ideal caloric intake for gaining lean mass, no sense in over doing it! to see the scale go up, you cant flex fat!

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    I've been working out consistently for about 6 years. However, without proper guidance and CONSTANT diet, it has been very difficult to gain any weight. Over the past year I have been trying to figure out exactly what constricts my appetite (which has always been a problem for me). Over the past 6 months I have been thinking it was time for a cycle. (I did one in the past, about 3 years ago) but was not able to keep the weight on because of my inexperience with diet/workout/ my travel schedule, and how my body reacts to certain situations. I think I am competent enough now to keep everything in check.
    the problem is you've obvioulsy never bothered to read and research so that your effort in the gym wouldnt go to waste!

allright..

Meal 1)
    3 eggs
    2 wheat toast
    Milk or OJ (12oz)

-or-
    Bowl Cheerios 3 Cups, 2 Cups Milk, 1 Glass OJ, 10grams Glutamine

Meal 2)
    3 Scoops NLarge
    12 Oz Milk

Meal 3)
    6 inch fresh Turkey/ Swiss / avocado sandwich from Local Deli

Protein Bar (Cliff Bar or similar)

Gym

Meal 5)
    3 Scoops NLarge
    6oz Milk
    6oz OJ
    10grams Glutamine

Meal 6)
    I just try and eat as much as I can fit… varies from
    Pasta and Meat Sauce or
    Boston Market Frozen Meal (800 Calories) or whatever.

Meal 7)
    Sliced Turkey w/Mustard (1/4lb)

I would like to get on a new diet plan, any advice would help. I will try whatever your guys advice is, and I will let you know if I can cram in all the food you suggest in 1 given day.

Wow, that is horrid!

I'd say hit the diet forum before you do anything else.

~SC~

thanks.. will do.

Should I post my diet in there and ask for help, or should I just ask to start from scratch??

There is a sticky atop the diet forum that lists what you will want to present to the board so that the members can help you with your protocol. I'd follow those suggestions before you present anything.

Good luck!

~SC~

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    YEAH! what he said!

Quote Originally Posted by ReX357
    YEAH! what he said!

~SC~

Thread Information