Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AFGym7 is offline New Member

F'n A Swolecat, My Legs are Dead

Swolecat.. wow, that leg routine is nutzzzz!! Gettin thru those 5 sets of 20 reps on squats took all i had.. thanks for lettin the free tip out! Is this a routine i should do for like a month or so and then switch to something else? or do you do it year round? thanks bro I always read your postings

chest6 is offline Banned
    that leg routine made me immobile for nearly 5 days.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I use it as a staple leg routine, then do heavier work every 4th workout or so for a change of pace and to shock/change things up.

The majority of fitness enthusiasts grow better off of HIGHER reps for legs, using a still relatively heavy weight.

Glad you liked it, now eat well and watch the results roll in!

P.S., remember to STRETCH after the workout for about 5-10 mins, then again the next morning after a nice 30 minute 65-75% MHR cardio session. This will help recovery and soreness a lot!

~SC~

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    that leg routine made me immobile for nearly 5 days.
    im going to look in to this sounds good..

The Dynasty is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    im going to look in to this sounds good..
    Bro, it works, man.

On the real, it's like a fusion of lifting, cardio, induced nausea, torture, and pleasure-pain (not that I'm into that stuff or anything ).

You sweat like a beast, and the guys look at you as if you're a wimpy punk because you're not really lifting that much, and the girls look at you as if you're the friggin lance armstrong of lifting or somethin'. But damn, I tell ya--afterwards, you're heaving everything in your stomach (well I did at least), and the next morning you're sore as all hell. But, as SC has stated, het that morning cardio in the next morning--it helped my recovery a lot.

And no BS at all, I suggest you throw in a normal leg workout in there once a month (basically 3-SC, 1-normal) and you'll see how stronger you get--in all excercises (bench, military, squat, deads, etc). Worked for me at least.

Not that you care or anything, but I actually always schedule my cheat days after that workout because you feel like you really accomplished something after getting through it, hahahahahaha.

Damn, the more I listen to SC, the more results I see (especially when combining it with good supplementation). Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by The Dynasty
    Bro, it works, man.

On the real, it's like a fusion of lifting, cardio, induced nausea, torture, and pleasure-pain (not that I'm into that stuff or anything ).

You sweat like a beast, and the guys look at you as if you're a wimpy punk because you're not really lifting that much, and the girls look at you as if you're the friggin lance armstrong of lifting or somethin'. But damn, I tell ya--afterwards, you're heaving everything in your stomach (well I did at least), and the next morning you're sore as all hell. But, as SC has stated, het that morning cardio in the next morning--it helped my recovery a lot.

And no BS at all, I suggest you throw in a normal leg workout in there once a month (basically 3-SC, 1-normal) and you'll see how stronger you get--in all excercises (bench, military, squat, deads, etc). Worked for me at least.

Not that you care or anything, but I actually always schedule my cheat days after that workout because you feel like you really accomplished something after getting through it, hahahahahaha.

Damn, the more I listen to SC, the more results I see (especially when combining it with good supplementation). Thanks guys
    can you give me a link bro,,

AFGym7 is offline New Member
    true, thanks swole!

can you give me a link bro,,
    I'm actually @ work right now. I've got the links saved on my pc. When I get in tonight, I'll post them up.

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    I was wondering if i can do ur workout and another leg day within a week, it would look something like this, Monday do Flat bench, incline, squat n clean, Wed just arms, Then friday ur leg routine, flat dumbell high rep n lat pull down high rep. Wondering if this is over Training, or would this go well together??

My leg workout should be the only leg workout done the entire week for best results.

If you do it in it's true/intended form and intensity, another leg workout shouldn't even be possible.

~SC~

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Machdiesel
    I was wondering if i can do ur workout and another leg day within a week, it would look something like this, Monday do Flat bench, incline, squat n clean, Wed just arms, Then friday ur leg routine, flat dumbell high rep n lat pull down high rep. Wondering if this is over Training, or would this go well together??
    I don't know how u could possibly work legs another day. When I was doing that, I was sore up until the 6th day.

I'm actually @ work right now. I've got the links saved on my pc. When I get in tonight, I'll post them up.
    that would be goog bro, thanks, i honestly cant see how iv mist it lol..

that would be goog bro, thanks, i honestly cant see how iv mist it lol..
    Ok, man--here it is: to the person that originally posted this, I apologize for not giving you credit, but what I do is copy and paste into a word file all the valuable workout advice I see on these boards, so here's an excerpt containing the leg workout:

Legs

start with 4 or 5 sets of leg extensions and curls at high rep:

the leg extensions/curls are together one set, thus you do a set of extensions lets say then quickly move on to curls, then rest for about 2 minutes...thats one set..

do this with a weight you can do about 15 reps of , at a "3/2 tempo"...3 seconds down, 2 seconds up.

this will get your legs ready for the 5 sets of squats from personal experience, at this point you're already cursing SC and the ground he walks on)
    ...newho

5 sets of squats at a weight you can do 15-20 reps of, also at a 3/2 tempo...SC mentioned that u wanna do a weight that u can physically do 15 of, and mentally get to 20 with...thus the last 5 should be so hard and painful that you'll wanna... (insert some funny exaggeration here)...

he mentioned a little about proper squat technique among other tidbits I won't try to remember....the main points I remembered were to make sure you're pushing with ur heels, have ur feet slightly more then shoulder width if u like, with toes very slightly pointed outwards...the 3 seconds down will obviously be nice and slow, and the 2 seconds up will be somewhat of an explosion...

he also mentioned that "ass to the floor" technique is bs and you really only need to go down to a 90 degree angle at the knee pretty much...make sure you feel the force in the hip and not the lower back...if u do, focus the push on the heel of ur foot, as stated above..oh and make sure you dont bend ur back at the top of the rep, keep it nice and straight and squeeze the hell out of ur legs at the top.

thats pretty much what I remember, it works great, burns like hell, and I'd recommend you bring some sugared/salted water or gatorade etc if u dont already...cause I lose like 5 pounds of water everytime i do this routine, you'll wanna make sure your electrolyte levels dont fall too low, almost passed out...

neway, thanks SC, fix what you need to...enjoy everyone

Looks good to me.

~SC~

chest6 is offline Banned
    aka the squat workout from hell

Just did this yesterday w/one more addition (negatives on the leg press to load the muscle only, no concentric phase on those) and today.........WHOA!!!!!!!!!

~SC~

chest6 is offline Banned
    Ah...sounds like something you could handle and that I couldn't haha...I don't know if that would be possible afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Just did this yesterday w/one more addition (negatives on the leg press to load the muscle only, no concentric phase on those) and today.........WHOA!!!!!!!!!

~SC~
    Wait, so SC, what do you mean?

The 5 sets of extensions/curls, 5 sets of squats, and THEN leg presses?

Bro, you want us to DIE?!?!?!?!?!?? hahahahahahaha

chest6 is offline Banned
    Wait, so SC, what do you mean?

The 5 sets of extensions/curls, 5 sets of squats, and THEN leg presses?

Bro, you want us to DIE?!?!?!?!?!?? hahahahahahaha
    You gotta remember swole's body/conditioning level is much much in tune that us mortals

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    You gotta remember swole's body/conditioning level is much much in tune that us mortals
    hahahahahahaha

What's sad is the fact that you're not kidding

chest6 is offline Banned
    haha ya I know..notice the lack of j/k's or lol's

I do one legged negatives to load my quads. I do this because I am still trying to gather the same control/explosion equally on each leg because of the surgeries to both.

I do only 3 sets of those for each leg, 12-15 reps.

~SC~

bigbadbootydaddy is offline Associate Member
    I tried it a while back just to switch up my routine. I could hardly walk after my workout, my legs were like jello. When I woke up the next day there was nothing, I felt nothing. No pain and could walk fine, I was like what the fvck! The second day after though was different. I woke up and could hardly move. All I got to say is thanks Swole, and since then I have been skimming though more of your posts.

Natural1 is offline Associate Member
    sounds sick man, cant wait to try this out.

devil1 is offline Jacked Jarhead
    leg day friday, i cant wait, thanks SC

Ok, man--here it is: to the person that originally posted this, I apologize for not giving you credit, but what I do is copy and paste into a word file all the valuable workout advice I see on these boards, so here's an excerpt containing the leg workout:

Legs

start with 4 or 5 sets of leg extensions and curls at high rep:

the leg extensions/curls are together one set, thus you do a set of extensions lets say then quickly move on to curls, then rest for about 2 minutes...thats one set..

do this with a weight you can do about 15 reps of , at a "3/2 tempo"...3 seconds down, 2 seconds up.

this will get your legs ready for the 5 sets of squats from personal experience, at this point you're already cursing SC and the ground he walks on)
    ...newho

5 sets of squats at a weight you can do 15-20 reps of, also at a 3/2 tempo...SC mentioned that u wanna do a weight that u can physically do 15 of, and mentally get to 20 with...thus the last 5 should be so hard and painful that you'll wanna... (insert some funny exaggeration here)...

he mentioned a little about proper squat technique among other tidbits I won't try to remember....the main points I remembered were to make sure you're pushing with ur heels, have ur feet slightly more then shoulder width if u like, with toes very slightly pointed outwards...the 3 seconds down will obviously be nice and slow, and the 2 seconds up will be somewhat of an explosion...

he also mentioned that "ass to the floor" technique is bs and you really only need to go down to a 90 degree angle at the knee pretty much...make sure you feel the force in the hip and not the lower back...if u do, focus the push on the heel of ur foot, as stated above..oh and make sure you dont bend ur back at the top of the rep, keep it nice and straight and squeeze the hell out of ur legs at the top.

thats pretty much what I remember, it works great, burns like hell, and I'd recommend you bring some sugared/salted water or gatorade etc if u dont already...cause I lose like 5 pounds of water everytime i do this routine, you'll wanna make sure your electrolyte levels dont fall too low, almost passed out...

neway, thanks SC, fix what you need to...enjoy everyone
    Hay thanks man, me and my training partner are going to do that tomorrow morning 7.30 wish us luck..lol

love 2 lift is offline Associate Member
    Just tried the leg workout today. Awesome!

I know my legs will be in pain the next few days. I have been doing heavy front squats in the 4-6 rep range the past few months, so this was a big shock. My legs were trembling on the last few reps of the last set. Gotta love it!

Ajc330 is offline Senior Member
    ok sorry for digging up this thread but i just have to post my comments about it if anyone else wants to hear more about it...
    let me just say that after the first superset of leg extensions/curls you can already feel it deep in your legs, this workout is no joke, i performed it today and got lightheaded on my squats but managed to pull through, this workout will decide if you can hang with the big boys or don't have what it takes to make it in BB...this workout is no joke and if you are looking to shock your muscles, this is it...
    to top it off i added calves at the end and i was limping to my car, thank you SC i couldn't get my legs sore for about a month, lets see how they feel tomorrow, i will update this post... take care!

TR'05 is offline Member
    Quite the coincident, I did the routine yesterday with calves tossed in at the end.

Legs haven't been this sore in probably 10 months.

scottish is offline Associate Member
    Might have to try this one..

Quote Originally Posted by TR'05
    Quite the coincident, I did the routine yesterday with calves tossed in at the end.

Legs haven't been this sore in probably 10 months.
    then i am looking forward to waking up tomorrow morning

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    You will have to thank SC on his board, he no longer visits this one.

well i woke up today and was expecting a lot more soreness, i am sore but i am not exactly limping...
    is it possible that my nutrition is flawless and my muscles recover faster from all the nutrients i intake?

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajc330
    well i woke up today and was expecting a lot more soreness, i am sore but i am not exactly limping...
    is it possible that my nutrition is flawless and my muscles recover faster from all the nutrients i intake?

Is this the day after or 2nd day after?

I did legs this morning, i did not do Swole's leg routine but i did start with extensions. I always start with squats first but this was a nice changeup for me.
    ***No source checks!!!***

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    I remember trying Swole's routine. Man I was hobbling around. My legs are always feeling it the second day. Lets see how you feel tomorrow. I wonder where Swole is now? He was a good guy. Very knowledgable and always took the time to answer my PM's.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyboy
    I remember trying Swole's routine. Man I was hobbling around. My legs are always feeling it the second day. Lets see how you feel tomorrow. I wonder where Swole is now? He was a good guy. Very knowledgable and always took the time to answer my PM's.

He has his own site/business.

I might try his leg workout someday. I have a hard enough time walking like a human being two days after legs as it is.

Last week was mother****in brutal, i did some ass to grass squats, it felt like electricity running through my quads. It ****ed me up for a good 5 days i shit you not. I dont enjoy that shit..damn it was rough.

scottish is offline Associate Member
    Didnt know SC had his own site. Someone that talks to him can pass on the thanks then..

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    That's right. Image of Perfection or something. Personal training, nutrition and such.

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    He has his own site/business.

I might try his leg workout someday. I have a hard enough time walking like a human being two days after legs as it is.

Last week was mother****in brutal, i did some ass to grass squats, it felt like electricity running through my quads. It ****ed me up for a good 5 days i shit you not. I dont enjoy that shit..damn it was rough.

this is the day after, lets see how i feel tomorrow, but yeah i deff feel it when i go up the stairs and i can already feel my legs hardening, great workout nonetheless, if you are looking for a good change to shock the muscles this is it

Quote Originally Posted by Ajc330
    this is the day after, lets see how i feel tomorrow, but yeah i deff feel it when i go up the stairs and i can already feel my legs hardening, great workout nonetheless, if you are looking for a good change to shock the muscles this is it

Have a great day tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information