Sickest Abs is offline Junior Member

My left trap is bigger than my right...help

Hmmm..I just started to realize this..It is pising me off too..my left trap is bigger than my right..its not a huge difference but there is adifference..what techniques can I use to get them back to normal..

is it possible that maybe when I do heavy dumbell shrugs, I am lifting my left trap higher than my right?!?!

mishon1 is offline Associate Member
    can we c a pic of it bro

Sickest Abs is offline Junior Member
    lemme see what I have..brb

Parker is offline New Member
    I have the same problem except my right trap is bigger and stronger than my left one.

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    haha, i've got the same problem...mine was cause of shoulder surgery! Don't know if there is anything that can be done.

shonuff is offline Associate Member
    i have da same problem only my WHOLE left side is bigger..trap,shoulder,chest,bicep,tri,and lat!!!!!!!!! what is wrong with me???? ive started adding extra reps to my right side hopefully i can even it out, ive also started concentrating more on my right side on whatever im doin.

fookingrad is offline New Member
    Hey i have a simular problem with my trap but my larger problem is that my left bicep is thiner than my right. how can I thicken it to even out without losing progress on my right.

Dizzy is offline Banned
    I suggest you guys flex the muscles that are lagging between sets. And actually flex them a couple of times a day. Hold the flex for like 10-15 seconds. If you'll notice...the side that is usally bigger is actually the opposite side of your handedness. Like if your right handed then your left tends to be bigger.

This isn't always of course. But if your doing technical things that tend to require more skill like writing or using a tool...then you carry with the arm that doesn't require that skill. And if you carry heavy objects then you will notice that side getting bigger. I've noticed this especially on cycle.

You also may want to look at your form. You may be compensating with one side of your body due to a slight pain or something that you just aren't aware of.

postel is offline Junior Member
    To achieve symetry you have to work both left and right side seperatly. In each work out you should do at least one of these exercises, for example alternate bicep curls. Only use weights which you can do the same amount of reps with on each arm. In the context of trap building try doing dumbell shrug one side at a time, use the other hand to support yourself. Start the exercise with the weakest muscle and really squeeze at peak contraction. Once you've done your reps switch to the stronger side and do the same amount of reps. This won't effect the stronger muscle if you continue doing barbell shrugs or what ever you normally do for traps.

Thread Information