massripped is offline Junior Member

Squats vs. Hack squats

Is their really a big difference between squats and hack squats?

Would it be ok to do hack squats while on a bulking cycle instead of squats?

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    id do a couple of sets of both

"Hack squats are another great exercise, although it should not be used to replace regular squats. Hack squats are more of a "shaping" exercise. To start, position yourself in the hack squat machine by making sure that your shoulders are under the pads. Lift the weight and position your feet so that they are slightly in front of your body, with the toes pointed outward." http://www.steelfitness.com/beta/tra...hacksquats.htm

"As every serious bodybuilder knows, Squats are often the exercise that separates the wannabes from the big boys. There’s no doubt that good old Squats are still the best all around muscle developer out there—they not only work to increase muscle-mass in the lower body, they also have a beneficial anabolic effect on the entire body. "

"Squats: The king of leg exercises, this works all the muscles in the upper leg and indirectly, most of the upper body muscles too!

Hack Squats: These really isolate the quadriceps muscles, and they do a number on your glutes (butt) too. These are kind of like a "reverse leg press". http://plaza.powersurfr.com/bodybuil...ises/Legs.html

Kid Shred is offline Member
    I usually alternate between the two exercises ,using one as a core movement for that quad say and the other on my next quad day. I would love to do both but my knees are rusty.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    I do what kid shred does, but I freakin tweaked the hell out of my back this week...ironically, while lifting back.

Needless to say, I will be doing hacksquats this week...

Man that sucks. Hope you recover quick.

Guess i'll stick to the squats. thanks for the feedback

eradikate is offline Senior Member
    yea my knee is my problem too, i only do hack squats because if i do regular squat my knee cap is gonna pop and hit the mirror in front of me.

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont want that

Uconish is offline Member
    Switch it up like the guys were saying Both are good but squats are king You know what a killer workout is Tried this last week and barely finished it HackSquat heavy 4sets, leg press heavy 4sets, smith machine squats heavy 4sets, leg extentions 3sets For sure you wont be able to walk after this Try it out I guarantee it will add some size to your quads

Thread Information