S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist

arm growth, Olympics, gymnastics,

Ok as we all no its good to concentrate on your deads, and squat to get good arm and overall growth, iv read Stuart Mcroberts (brawn) (beyond brawn) and (further brawn) and he recommends this highly also, he recommends squatting and deading in the 500lbs rangeto achieve good arm girth,and I myself am to a fan,, so to my question….

I was watching the Olympics, gymnastics, the guys on the rings and high bars, holly $hit the size of there arms!! massive and they look like stone, very good conditioning..then you look at there legs shoulder, traps, and there’s not much to talk about, so now I’m thinking well I cant see them deading or squatting 300-500lbs so what’s with this how do you think there training….

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Personally, I believe its just the repeated exercizes taht result in alot of Time Under Tension for those muscles...These guys are olympic athletes so a. they have great genes and b. you know their nutrition is up to par....I'm glad you brought this up because I have often thought about the theory training you muscles more than once per week, I don't know if its sound or not nut tkae your example these guys prolly do gymnastics everyday and work teh same muscles everday, one would think that they would get no where because of over training yet these guys have guns....I also think of fat men, usually their claves are friggin huge...because they carry all the weight each and every day, yet I hit the hell outta my calfs once per week and notice minimal growth....I'm sure I'll think up some more examples but I gotta grab a shake.

mfenske is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    I was watching the Olympics, gymnastics, the guys on the rings and high bars, holly $hit the size of there arms!! massive and they look like stone, very good conditioning..then you look at there legs shoulder, traps, and there’s not much to talk about, so now I’m thinking well I cant see them deading or squatting 300-500lbs so what’s with this how do you think there training….
    Not to take anything away from the guys, but it's easy to have big looking arms when you're like 5'2". Seriously though those guys do have some amazing forearms and arms. Mark

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mfenske
    Not to take anything away from the guys, but it's easy to have big looking arms when you're like 5'2". Seriously though those guys do have some amazing forearms and arms. Mark
    very true, those guys are genereally kinda small, but what was said is true too the repeated stress on the muscle probably does make them grow, i dont really think they're giving they're muscles any other choice

YYZ
    YYZ is offline Junior Member
    You'd be shocked bros.
    I know a couple gymnasts
    that never ever weight train,
    and i watched the one bench 315 at they Y
    just for something to do.... and he's not a big man at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mfenske
    i dident think about height, but they do have big guns lol..

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    They are putting their upperbody under INTENSE!!!! strain everyday, of course their gonna be jacked up. I am VERY against the one body part a day/once a week theory. Look at ray lewis, he only did pushups and sit ups when he was in jail , he said he 1,000 of each every day, n he came out jacked up. HAHA not sure where im going with htis, but my main point is for some reason the masses have made the one body part once a week the universal staple for size, and it is just incorrect. DC training, olypic lift training, and things like this r the way to go to gt big/strong. BFS is a great source for workouts also, i have recently adapted a new workout routine i out together and it is working wonders, 2 weeks in and im up 25 pounds on my bench, adnd my body is looking better every day!!
    Mon-Fri
    Flat, incline,clean,squat
    Wed- arms
    tue-Thurs (sometime sat)
    Cardio/abs

Redz122 is offline Associate Member
    you can't **** with gymnasts when it comes to their entire physique too bro. A friend of mine who was on the gymnastics team in high school has an absolutely amazing body under that shirt. He would walk around the dorm with this shirt off and DAMN is all i could say. Front to back he had amazing rock hard conditioning. His back was damn crazy with his lo back muscles jutting the **** out. Its all in the pullups man.

Thread Information