danz is offline New Member

help on bulking! plz

hay guys, im consentrating on putting mass on, want to bulk up as much as i can, im currently doing a 4 day workout,

monday - chest/shoulders/triceps/calves
    tuesday - legs/back/biceps
    wednesday - rest
    thursday - chest/shoulders/triceps/calves
    friday - legs/back/biceps

exercises i do -

chest - flatbench, incline bench
    shoulders - shrugs, upright row, standing barbell raises
    triceps - skull crushes, cable pull down
    calves - seated raises, standing raises

legs - squats, leg extensions
    back - lateral raises, cable pulldown
    biceps - barbell curls, dumbell curls

can u guys tell me if some exercises are not worth doing for bulking up, and if u can add n e other exercises that will help put on mass!!! thanks heaps!!!!

flex99 is offline Junior Member
    if you can change your routine, i recommend for bulking as follows

monday: chest and triceps

tuesday: back and biceps

wed: shoulders and legs

thursday : same as monday

friday: same as tuesday

sat: same as wed.

sunday and the following monday off. i recommend always take two days off in a row after the 6 days of heavy lifting. oh abs every day cardio twice a week on the rest days.

thats what i did and i gained aproximatly 20 ilbs off my last cycle.

that is just my personal preference, but i think it works.

oh add more exercises, two exercises for chest is definitly not enough, make sure you hit the whole chest, upper chest (incline bench), lower chest (decline bench), and flat bench, also make sure you hit inner chest for a shredded look, i recommond basic flys, or some machines work excellent.

TonyM is offline Junior Member
    Monday - Legs (quads and hams)
    tuesday - Chest, calves
    Wed - cardio & Abs
    Thursday - Back & Biceps
    Friday - Shoulders & triceps
    Saturday - Rest
    Sunday - Rest

This works for me, hope you find is useful

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by danz
    hay guys, im consentrating on putting mass on, want to bulk up as much as i can, im currently doing a 4 day workout,

wednesday - rest

exercises i do -

can u guys tell me if some exercises are not worth doing for bulking up, and if u can add n e other exercises that will help put on mass!!! thanks heaps!!!!
    Ok do you really think that you will be getting enough rest with that routine, train your muscles once a week, as your body will hypertrophy when you are not in the gym, more training dose no mean this will increase. Keep body parts together this will minimize overlapping (chest shoulders and triceps) (back biceps) (legs) I would recommend a three day week,,are you natural at the moment?
    1 chest shoulder triceps
    2Off
    3Legs
    4Off
    5Back biceps

Exercises worth using for bulking

(Chest) flat incline, decline, (triceps) skull krushers, close grips, seated extensions, dips
    (Back) dead lifts rows pull-ups
    (Shoulders) laterals d/b press
    (Legs) squats leg press leg ex,,
    Last edited by S.P.G; 07-21-2005 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flex99
    oh add more exercises, two exercises for chest is definitly not enough, make sure you hit the whole chest, upper chest (incline bench), lower chest (decline bench), and flat bench, also make sure you hit inner chest for a shredded look, i recommond basic flys, or some machines work excellent.
    hay bro,,i disagree..

If you are bulking look using bulking exercises, flys and machines work can be used when you do not need any more mass!

It is fine to use 2 sets on chest, that is what I would recommend, if your training properly and hard enough 2 flat, 2 incline, 2 decline, will trash you!!
    Last edited by S.P.G; 07-21-2005 at 04:45 AM.

its more than enough time to rest, because when your juicin your muscles recover a lot faster, and plus your resting the muscle for more than 2 days before workin it out again. and if you want to bulk definetly do more than 2 excersices i recommend four or five excercises. good luck man.

big an rich is offline Associate Member

Smile

its more than enough time to rest, because when your juicin your muscles recover a lot faster, and plus your resting the muscle for more than 2 days before workin it out again. and if you want to bulk definetly do more than 2 excersices i recommend four or five excercises. good luck man.
    Is that 4 or 5 per muscle group or 4-5 per day i.e 3 on chest (inc, dec, flat) and 2 on tris (kick back and close grip press)?

Quote Originally Posted by big an rich
    Is that 4 or 5 per muscle group or 4-5 per day i.e 3 on chest (inc, dec, flat) and 2 on tris (kick back and close grip press)?
    that’s per muscle group so chest would be 2-3 flat 2-3 inc, 2-3 dec,, that Is what I was saying

if he’s is on the gear then he may get away with it, i Dident realise he was!!

well what i meant was 4 excercises for chest since the chest is a big muscle. triceps i usually also do 3 or 4, just because the tricep is most of your arm. each exercises i do 3 sets, sometimes four if i am lifting extra heavy.

thats just my preference, what i really suggest you do is read a lot of different peoples routines and see what fits you the best
    good luck!

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by danz

wednesday - rest

exercises i do -

First of all I would only work each body part once per week and i would make your split mon: chest/bi , tues: legs, wed: rest, thurs shoulders and fri : back/tri's or if you can do a 5 day, even better: mon:chest tues:back wed:legs thurs: shoulders fri:arms
    Now as far as your exercise choice:
    1. include close grip bench as a tri exercise
    2. replace barbell raises for barbell shoulder press and include a rear delt exercise
    3. On leg day include leg press, stiff leg deadlifts and hamstring curls and drop the extensions...
    4. Eliminate your back routine and replace with deadlifts, chins, and heavy barbell rows or t-bar rows
    5. Replace dumbell curls with hammer curls

It would be nice to just replan your entire routine but I dont have time for that... I would recommend following the suggestions I did leave though.

Thread Information