telsonman is offline New Member

One trap bigger than the other

my left trap is a good 1/4" bigger than my right; thicker too. its pretty noticable in the mirror to me. i have no clue as to how this happened. but can anyone give me some advice as to how to fix this???

thanks,
    jeff

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    just concentrate on using the right trap just as much as left. thats how the other one got to big in the first place, from "half assing" on the right.

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    one of my friends has the same problem....if one of your shoulders hurt, the trap muscle usually comes into play more maybe that is the case

telsonman is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatman51
    one of my friends has the same problem....if one of your shoulders hurt, the trap muscle usually comes into play more maybe that is the case
    that explains things. my left shoulder has been hurting for a while. so i guess that trap has been picking up the slack. thanks guys. i guess i'll try to go like 5lbs heavier on my right when doing shrugs and stuff.

jeff

Billyspt4 is offline Associate Member
    If you do any dead lifts, alternate your hand position, for example, if you typically do dead lifts with your right hand under the bar and your left over, switch it up because the left trap in that case would be doing more work since it's in an overhand grip and requires more strength to pull it up than the underhand grip does

Thread Information