alo5603 is offline Member

cardio question.......

Im cutting up right now and diet is great, just curious, i do cardio every day in the morning on an empty stomach for 45-60 min and i work out 5 times a week. My question is on the 2 days i just do morning cardio, would i be okay to do another cardio session in the afternoon when i would be lifting... or would that be overkill in one day and just too catabolic?

alo

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by alo5603
    Im cutting up right now and diet is great, just curious, i do cardio every day in the morning on an empty stomach for 45-60 min and i work out 5 times a week. My question is on the 2 days i just do morning cardio, would i be okay to do another cardio session in the afternoon when i would be lifting... or would that be overkill in one day and just too catabolic?

alo
    it would yes...try to keep anaerobic away from aerobic if you can bro,12 hours apart. and if your tying to maintain mass keep cardio around 45 mins.
    Last edited by S.P.G; 07-27-2005 at 03:58 AM.

yeah i do keep them separated, usually 7am for morning cardio and 4pm for weights. Just wanted to know if on the 2 days i am taking a break from weights, could i do a second cardio at 4pm. Just cant stay away from the gym for very long lol

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Yeah you can for sure

mitch911 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Yeah you can for sure
    yea im in the same boat..do u make ur additional session shorter then ur morn cardio..i do my morn cardio for an 1hr and then do my additional on off days for 30-35 mins just for that extra seeing how im on zero carbs on off days...should be burning fat straight away just like in the morn

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Do it like 2.5 to 3 hours after your last meal and I guess keep it to like 45min. I would just do both sessions at 45min a peice. On non-lifting days I don't see a problem with this at all.

well, i still would do at least 45 min for the second one just like the first, just it would be later in the day like at 4, and i would have a pro/fat meal like a protein shake and some flax seed 30 min after. I dont see any harm in this, does anyone else agree?

Thread Information