Thread: EZ curl bar

LUKA is offline Junior Member

EZ curl bar

I just discovered something cool. Maybe all of You know it already but if You didnt try it out. When doing a triceps workout using EZ curl bar.. behind ur head..standing or sitting. Well what I discovered is that just by switching the way Im holding that bar..gives me really nice tris workout.. seems like it worksout different parts of it.. or just works it out different way..anyway I could feel really big difference. Let me try to explain.. ok looking at the EZ bar from each end... its straight than it slopes one way..than slopes down the other way ..goes up again and down again. Well try doing that exercise by holding the bar where it slopes down..than try doing same exercise holding the bar more to the middle..where it slopes up. If You knew that already thats cool... I didnt For those who didnt know..try it..really works.
    Just wanted to share it with You fellas ...
    Try to understand too..Im still a newb to a workout.

Thanks

- LUKA

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    Thanks for sharing bro, No flames here. Those are called "Skullcrushers", very effective exercise! EZ curl bars are cool because you can isolate different areas of the muscle with the different holds, BIceps, Tri's...etc. Keep pumpin bro

Superhuman is offline Banned
    yeah, it's good to switch it up. The wider your grip, the more your width is gonna be improved. A narrow grip will work more on your thickness from the side, if that makes since. This goes for almost every exercise. This is especially effective with lat pulldowns. You might have already known that, though...

Superhuman is offline Banned
    ...you have three muscle heads on your tris, experiment with different grips and you will see what's best for your body type.

LUKA is offline Junior Member
    Yea... it does work. Thats awesome how You can get such a difference in same exercise for one muscle group just by switching the grip. I will try that tommorow - my back and bi`s day. Suprized that I never thought of it before... but better later than never
    Thanks a lot guys

- LUKA

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    The EZ Curl Bar is also nice for people whose wrists are not flexible enough for a straight bar. On biceps curls, it slightly pronates your wrists and thus, allows for pain-free performance of the exercise.

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    yeah, I do that on an incline bench sometimes.... works good

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    There is also a bar that allows you to perform hammer curls or neutral grip triceps extensions. I had one of these in my parents house and it was a great alternative to performing db hammer curls. The hammer grip allows you to curl massive amounts of weight, since you're stronger with a neutral grip (as opposed to a supinated or pronated grip). Besides the lateral head of the biceps, it will place a lot of stress on the brachioradialis of the forearm.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanStew
    Thanks for sharing bro, No flames here. Those are called "Skullcrushers", very effective exercise! EZ curl bars are cool because you can isolate different areas of the muscle with the different holds, BIceps, Tri's...etc. Keep pumpin bro
    I dont think he's talkin about skull crushers. He said you are either standing or sitting, not laying down. So i am assuming he is brining the weight behind his head with his bi's being parallel to, not perpendicular with his upper body, if that makes sense lol.

-Bino

Thread Information