chest6 is offline Banned

biceps will not grow

I think I have bad genetics or something...my biceps will not grow no matter what I do. My arms are 17" and I am 18 years old and my arms are really out of proportion with my chest and back. I want to get my arms to 18". I do biceps/back once a week and I am thinking about training the biceps individually another time during the week maybe with less volume. Could this work??

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    i never do bicep with back, i tried that once and for some reason my bicep looked smaller. and after i'm done with the back, my bicep was already tired and my bicep weights decreased about 30%.

Blog Entries
    wt's ur bicep workout like?!!

chest6 is offline Banned
    Today I just did
    dumbbell preachers 3 sets osf 8
    standing EZ bar curls 3 sets of 8
    low pulley curls 3 sets of 8
    This was after back

Zapp is offline Banned
    Not trying to put your routine down or anything...but that doesn't look like much of a bicep workout. I would suggest 1st ....preacher curls with ez bar(5 sets). 2nd....Standing straight bar curls(5 sets). 3rd....Hammer curls(5 sets). 4th Concentration curls(5 sets).

Blog Entries
    i do 6 standing barbell (2 light weight), 4 preacher curls (dumbell or bar), 4 incline bench alternate dumbell.
    but i do advice u again to try bicep after chest or something. it's just my personal prefernce, give it a shot.

lcpl kill is offline Associate Member
    sounds good zapp but with four exersizes i dont know if i would do five sets each that might be a little over kill. than agian it might not depending on what "supplements" chest6 is taking.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp
    Not trying to put your routine down or anything...but that doesn't look like much of a bicep workout. I would suggest 1st ....preacher curls with ez bar(5 sets). 2nd....Standing straight bar curls(5 sets). 3rd....Hammer curls(5 sets). 4th Concentration curls(5 sets).
    that's little too much bro. 20 sets for biceps?!!

lcpl kill is offline Associate Member
    also if you want big arms you gotta lift big weight, try some cheat bar bell curls and heavy hammer curls with the rope on a low pulley.

Zapp is offline Banned
    To some people it might be too much....but I have to do that many to exhaust my bi's. That's what got me to 19".

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    I hit bis w tris, once a week. The opposing muscle groups give me a nice pump.
    My routine would be:
    5 sets (6-10reps)- standing bbell curls s/setted w
    5 sets (6-10reps)-rope pushdowns
    5 sets (6-10reps)-seated preacher curls s/setted w
    5 sets (6-10reps)-skullcrushers
    by this time my arms are gorged
    3 sets (10reps)-incline dbell curls s/setted w
    3 sets (10reps)-dips (weighted, if possible)

Try it out chest6
    Btw, I like to hit forearms right after. Workout time is usually 1hr.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    when i was training
    i would eaither do bicep and triceps together
    or chest and biceps
    or shoulders and biceps try one of those but most effective was bic and tric together
    nice pump

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    I think everyones fitness requirements are different. Chest6..you a Hardgainer? Lean guy? if so, you dont want to kill the biceps with too much. Obviously rest is where you really grow, I've had these feelings though as well, "My chest/legs/etc arent getting bigger! I better work them out more" but just have patience and hit them hard and then let them rest for a week...see if that helps

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Train arms separating on their own day, don't put them after a large muscle group when they've already been exhausted. Stick to basics, heavy barbell curls, incline dumbell curls and reverse preachers. Also keep in mind your triceps are 2/3 of your arm size so focus on a lot of heavy training with them as well, close grip bench, skullcrushers and between bench dips. Dont get caught up with too many cables, that's not how mass is built.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Thanks everyone that responded...I've been gone most the day I'll try to respond to everyone here...

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp
    Well that was just today..I think 20 sets of biceps would be a little much for me. I usually do ez bar preachers and straight bar curls and hammers all 3 sets...never do concentrations tho...up until this week, that was my bicep workout.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lcpl kill
    sounds good zapp but with four exersizes i dont know if i would do five sets each that might be a little over kill. than agian it might not depending on what "supplements" chest6 is taking.
    I'm pretty much natural now...just protein and some glutamine

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanStew
    I think everyones fitness requirements are different. Chest6..you a Hardgainer? Lean guy? if so, you dont want to kill the biceps with too much. Obviously rest is where you really grow, I've had these feelings though as well, "My chest/legs/etc arent getting bigger! I better work them out more" but just have patience and hit them hard and then let them rest for a week...see if that helps
    Not really a hardgainer at all..I'm not too lean I'm 6'2" 254 15% bodyfat

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ejuicer
    Train arms separating on their own day, don't put them after a large muscle group when they've already been exhausted. Stick to basics, heavy barbell curls, incline dumbell curls and reverse preachers. Also keep in mind your triceps are 2/3 of your arm size so focus on a lot of heavy training with them as well, close grip bench, skullcrushers and between bench dips. Dont get caught up with too many cables, that's not how mass is built.
    My triceps are one of my strong points.. so they arent really much of a problem, but I'm never satisfied with anything. I will try training arms on a seperate day or after an opposing muscle group since that seems to be the general consensus here..

Thread Information