vestax is offline Member

a few questions for you bros.

1- Low weight High rep or High weight low rep? Which is better? I heard from my physiotherapist that for both strength and size always to go with low weight and high rep, and he told me that high weight low rep was useless?

2- How do you hit all 3 heads of the triceps? I do tricep-pulldowns with palms up and palms down but I think that only hits two heads? I know with bicep I grow a lot better if I do for example preacher curls and reverse preacher curls

3- How do you work your teres & rear delt out properly?

thansk bros

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    Well for #1 ....um I dont know why your physiotherapist told you that HIGH reps are great for size..quite the opposite for both size and strength actually

chest6 is offline Banned
    ur physiotherapist is a dumbass...well i dont wanna say hes a dumbass...but he needs to check his research

vestax is offline Member
    He's supposed to be like #1 in Canada though, trains the Toronto Raptors and the Toronto Rock. I figured he knew what he was talking about. Is there ANY benefit for low weight high rep? I have been doing it for 3 weeks and my muscles look bigger but strength is not really up. Maybe just to change up the workout every so often?

chest6 is offline Banned
    well I know most everyone in this forum trains with high weight low rep so it must work

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    I recently had to switch to higher reps due to an injury and I will never go back to low weight for more then 4 months a year. I am getting quality lean size with the higher reps! Muscles need to be put under stress for at least 30 seconds to grow. using high weight low reps is great for strength and bulk

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    [QUOTE=vestax]1- Low weight High rep or High weight low rep? Which is better? I heard from my physiotherapist that for both strength and size always to go with low weight and high rep, and he told me that high weight low rep was useless?

High weight-low rep is great for building muscular strength. This is of the utmost importance to a powerlifter. Low weight-high rep is used for building muscular endurance. On the extreme end, this would be useful for a marathon runner on the final stretch of the race. Bodybuilders tend predominantly use a moderate weight-moderate rep scheme. This, typically, leads to the greatest gains in muscle tissue.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    Muscles need to be put under stress for at least 30 seconds to grow.
    Don't know if I agree with this or not.

Thread Information