cookie16 is offline New Member

seated cable rows?

i was wondering what some of you guys thought of seated cable rows. what muscles do they really hit? the reason i ask is because every time i do them i feel them mostly in my rear delts. and i thought they were supposed to work your middle back and your lower traps. am i doing them wrong? i try to keep my back as straight as possible and pull with me back but just doesnt seem to be hitting the muscles i want. any advice would be great.

vielbistdu is offline New Member
    It depends on what kind of handles you are using. Also, are you bringing the cable to your upper abs or lower abs. Try stretching in between sets also to pump up your back. You could also try not keeping a straight back, but bending over in a controlled fashion to get a good stretch. Or you could try t-bar rows, those could work better for you.

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    i like them 1 handed instead of doing 2 hands at once. also with each rep hold and squeeze and concentrate on where you want it to hit

Psycoswole is offline Member
    Keep your shoulders back and chest out at all times, dont lean forward at all and squeeze your inner back each rep.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Swole....good to see you back bro!! Where have you been hiding yourself??

SAC
    SAC is offline New Member
    bro my back gets such a pump from these. take a narrow grip and pull to the belly button. prior to pulling sit up nice, straight, and tall...take a deep breath...arch your back and stick your chest out there(you should feel like king kong)...keep the elbows up next to your side and pull straight back...contract the back as hard as you can at the top. tip: keep your wrist straight thoughout the movement.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    like the guys said, pull to a spot under your belly button....and you should be able to feel your lats moving the weight.

cookie16 is offline New Member
    ok, thanks guys, but what would be the best piece to use?

Thread Information