The Dynasty is offline Junior Member

Timing of "Empty Stomach" Cardio...

Hi guys,

If I wake up from sleep, hungry as all hell, and decide to down a protein/fat shake (at around 12 midnight), will my empty stomach morning cardio at 5 am the next morning still be effective, or should I wait a certain amount of time between my last meal and morning cardio (ie 8 hours b/w last pro/fat meal and morning cardio)?

Thanks.

vestax is offline Member
    I have done cardio both on an empty stomach and both at the end of the day after eating and working out...I didnt know any changes except I get more dehydrated in the morning.
    I think the morning cardio empty stomach is bullsh*t, but it does make me feel more energetic for the whole day. I don't think there are any other real benefits other than that bro...

MikeyZ23 is offline Associate Member
    I don't think it should be a problem as long as you're not taking in carbs at late hours of the night. I personally think empty stomach is hard to get into the habit of doing, but after a week or so, you start to like it.

Thank for the responses guys. Vestax, I can't speak for anyone else but myself, but for me, the combination of morning/empty-stomach cardio @ 65-75% mhr, solid diet, and lifting, has really worked a hella good on my body, so I'll continue to do it.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    It is absolutely not bullshit and there is plenty of science to back it up....I guess everyone just recomends it for no good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    It is absolutely not bullshit and there is plenty of science to back it up....I guess everyone just recomends it for no good reason.

See man, I was all trying to be nice and what not, but that's basically what I wanted to tell the guy Thanks Giantz.

BTW, what do you think about starting up empty stomach cardio 5 hours after my last pro/fat meal? Cuz sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night hungry as hell and i just need a pro/fat shake.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Should be fine....no worries

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    My alarm goes off at 2:30 (if I don't wake up first), and I have a pro/fat shake (whey and pb..mmmmm). At 6:00, I'm doing cardio. The thing is to stay away from the carbs at night/early am, and since you are, no worries.

Thread Information