JasperJ is offline Junior Member

How to stop squater's ass

I see it all the time in the gym so I'm sure alot of you have this same problem, big ass from sqauting. Didn't bother me at first, couple years after lifting it bothers me. So here's what I've read and heard on how to stop/slow down glute growth.

1)Keep your feet down/back as opposed to forward. This is suppose to put more emphasis on the quads.

2)Partial reps. I don't know what technique the guy who wrote this meant. If anyone uses this method, please elaborate.

3)Leg extensions. I don't think you can put any real mass with these. I use them as a main exercise occasionally.

If anyone has any tips to stop this "growing problem" post it up. Inquiring minds want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by JasperJ
    I see it all the time in the gym so I'm sure alot of you have this same problem, big ass from sqauting. Didn't bother me at first, couple years after lifting it bothers me. So here's what I've read and heard on how to stop/slow down glute growth.

1)Keep your feet down/back as opposed to forward. This is suppose to put more emphasis on the quads.

2)Partial reps. I don't know what technique the guy who wrote this meant. If anyone uses this method, please elaborate.

3)Leg extensions. I don't think you can put any real mass with these. I use them as a main exercise occasionally.

If anyone has any tips to stop this "growing problem" post it up. Inquiring minds want to know.

I have the same problem. I mean you could set a coke can on my ass it's getting so big!! I have big quads to go with it, but it bothers me as well. I've managed to achieve my ass from the old school "squat to the floor BS" When you go below paralell its actually a resting point, and the main thing lifting the weight from that position to at least paralell is glute strength. Dropping the legs back may help, but it would put more stress on the knees I would think. Try this, it works awesome for me and my quads have exploded over the past month. Go to the smith machine, and do your squats there, but kick the feet forward about a foot and a half in front of your body(as if not for the bar beying behind you you'd fall over backwards) When you go down stop just above parallel, and when you go up stop about 5/8 the way up. What it does is keeps constant strain on the quads forcing them to work the entire exercise, not just certain parts of it. Oh yeah, and you can only really do this w/ the feet kept close together. It hardly hits glutes at all, totally quads.

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    I have the same problem. I mean you could set a coke can on my ass it's getting so big!!
    That's obscene, I have never heard of people having excessive glute growth.... It seems plausible I supose.

chest6 is offline Banned
    ya man my ass is so big i really dont care anymore....

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    You guys probably do squats once a week(thats a good thing), of course all your muscles are going to grow, even your ass...girls love my big ass! anyways if you want to curb your glutes growth, dont go down as far, that makes them work, just like is stated above, good luck

decadbal is offline Banned
    ad some lunges or step ups.. focus on gettin the muscles tighter and that wil pull them in some

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    ad some lunges or step ups.. focus on gettin the muscles tighter and that wil pull them in some
    Lunges hit the gluts even harder. If they are adding mass with squats, this will turn them into real bubble butts.

Just don't squat below 90 degrees. You will save your knee (which you will still need when you get older).

Use lunges to hit your quads and gluts from a different angle.

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    The bigger my ass gets, the better my jeans fit and the more girls love it. Girls tell me right in front of my wife how nice my ass is. Now if they just had cock squats...hhmmm

Glutamine77 is offline Junior Member
    pre-exhauting the quads with extensions before squatting movements is one of the best ways to slow down glute growth.. try it!

The Dynasty is offline Junior Member
    Very interesting thread. Never thought people actually had a problem with their arses getting to big from squats and whatnot. I absolutely love having a friggin tank for an arse. Hell, I go even harder on my squats and lunges because of that. I'm sure the girls like it (none havent told me yet, though )

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    lunges and step up make my ass huge... it doesnt bother me though

chest6 is offline Banned
    ya i dont see the prob

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    Yeh i got that problem to, but my quads are almost as big as i want them, so ive cut out squats and do heavy leg extnesions followed by leg press, i find by doing the leg press with feet together as far down on the plate as poss, it works ur outer sweep pretty damned well, and barely uses ur glutes at all, and i find leg extensions very good for pronouncing the tear drop, but clearly they wont add overall mass.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by znak
    Lunges hit the gluts even harder. If they are adding mass with squats, this will turn them into real bubble butts.

Just don't squat below 90 degrees. You will save your knee (which you will still need when you get older).

Use lunges to hit your quads and gluts from a different angle.

acctualy going deep is more benifical to the knees.

dont be scared of the squatters ass. it will help you pull alot of weight in the deadlift and make your back huge. Squatter ass is a good thing
    Last edited by Kärnfysikern; 08-02-2005 at 11:22 AM.

freakintraining is offline Associate Member
    i played baseball for 15 years as a catcher, and all the up and down gave me a big hard butt....i hate it

chest6 is offline Banned
    harsh on knees too

freakintraining is offline Associate Member
    if you r refering to me it is bad....my knees hurt all the time...my dad was the same as me same position and years he has had 3 knee surgeries

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by freakintraining
    if you r refering to me it is bad....my knees hurt all the time...my dad was the same as me same position and years he has had 3 knee surgeries
    Ya sorry forgot to quote ya I play baseball too, but I think I'll stop at highschool.

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Hahaha. Played ball for 14 years. I think it's baseball that makes ones ass huge, not to mention the SQUATS.
    Doesn't matter, most ladies love developed glutes.
    Still, it is quite a mission to find jeans and pants that fit well.

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    I have an unproportionally huge ass, but I like it. And so do the ladies, girls always grab my ass if im out at a bar or soemthing, i love it. THe only thign that sucks is i have a hard time finding pants/jeans that fit!

Thread Information