mitch911 is offline Member

working out while cuttin spares lean body mass

Just wondering how working out while cutting spares lean mass? can any1 explain

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    as oposed to not lifting weights at all when cutting

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    I think we can use a simple explaination. Workout, your body realizes that is has to keep your muscles around because they are needed to do work. So it'll go elsewhere when looking for energy. That is very very simplified.

giantz put it in a nice way

If I could only find a way to say AM cardio is good!!

IronFreakX is offline Banned

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    AM cardio is CATABOLIC

jk bro

lol.....You bastard

hahaha!..thanks guys for the explanation dnt have any onjection just was wondering while i am cutting

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    When your dieting (cutting) you'll need to perform strength training in order to perserve you muscle tissue. If you try dieting, without strength training, much of your muscle tissue will be chewed up with the bodyfat. I'm not sure if that is what you're asking, but that is how I understood the question.

chest6 is offline Banned
    It is very difficult in my opinion to preserve all lean body mass while cutting....If done correctly, you can minimize loss but it is extremely difficult to keep everything since a caloric difficit is often needed to be most effective. This just my opinion..others may be different

Chest.....I think you are right, one's goals should be to minimize muscle loss. I think its impossible to preserve all LBM. But if one diets the correct way you can get pretty damn close.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Chest.....I think you are right, one's goals should be to minimize muscle loss. I think its impossible to preserve all LBM. But if one diets the correct way you can get pretty damn close.
    It depends on the time frame...the longer the time frame..obviously the more of a chance of preserving lean mass

Absolutely.....Slow = Better

chest6 is offline Banned
    most of society tends to be impatient and quick weight fat loss will more than likely also result in quick muscle loss

"Rome wasn't built in a day".....This quote helps me alot when dieting....as corny as that may sound

chest6 is offline Banned
    yup sounds good...when I went about things I think cut too many calories out I lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks...along with a whole lot of strength

Pump_30 is offline Junior Member
    Hey I heard that!!....lol

Hey I heard that!!....lol
    Hahaha, still thinking!

I notice that every time I cut I gain strength, Im usualy at a new strenght peak at the end of a cutter. But this might be that my cns have become more efficient and not neccesarly more muscle tissue. But I cant lose any muscle when Im gaining strenght I recon.

Dexter Jackson is also like that, the strongest at the end of cutting.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I notice that every time I cut I gain strength, Im usualy at a new strenght peak at the end of a cutter. But this might be that my cns have become more efficient and not neccesarly more muscle tissue. But I cant lose any muscle when Im gaining strenght I recon.

Dexter Jackson is also like that, the strongest at the end of cutting.
    you gain strength?? I wish I could do that. I lose boatloads...but that is probably because i try to cut too quickly

how long does every1 usually cut for? i know it depends on goals but what seems to be the avg?

well I cut pretty hard. Right now Im down to 1700kcal/day, 270g protein or so and carbs and fat variates on what day it is. I weight 190ibs at 5¨11.

It all comes down to workouts. If I do a solid westside routine, have proper pwo diet and sleep good I gain even with that low kcal. Cardio is always benifical to my strenght because of the gpp increase so thats one of the reasons I gain.

most pussy around with high rep shit and light weights when cutting. I do the reverse I go heavier and heavier. I notice my 1-3rm strenght doesnt decline when I cut but my 4+ rm strenght goes to shit. So I focuse on increase 1-3rm strenght. My 10 rep strenght is no where nere what it is when Im bulked. But I dont care when my 1rm strenght is 10 ibs higher

You lucky bastard, when I cut strength goes no where. I lift about the same weight week in and weeke out. That is one of the most metally draining aspects of cutting. And I guess the other would be constantly craving beer and hamburgers but thats another story.

Its most probably because I have a VERY slow metabolism and a very hard time loosing fat...and I dont know how long bf% I can go to and still gain. I am at maby 9,5-10% right now and well I have a very hard time getting lower. Im gonna try and push myself to the limit this time as long as my head can take the diet.

Giantz have you tried to change up the routine to a more cns efficiency increasing routine like westside when cutting so you can gain strenght even if muscle mass isnt increasing?

chest6 is offline Banned
    Its most probably because I have a VERY slow metabolism and a very hard time loosing fat...and I dont know how long bf% I can go to and still gain. I am at maby 9,5-10% right now and well I have a very hard time getting lower. Im gonna try and push myself to the limit this time as long as my head can take the diet.

Giantz have you tried to change up the routine to a more cns efficiency increasing routine like westside when cutting so you can gain strenght even if muscle mass isnt increasing?
    I have been training with a westside like routine lately...I havent been doing enough speed work tho. When i was cutting I still lost a lot of strength by going by this

I have no idea what Westside is, I usually go all out heavy, but I tend to not make much gains after about 6 weeks or so.

Giantz11 read the articles on this page, Its all about westside powerlifting

http://www.elitefts.com/elite-articles/home/default.asp

Everything based on soviet research on strenght development so it has a solid scientific foundation(something no bodybuilding system today has).

Chest6 do you sleep atleast 8 hours every night? Do you run any juice? Maby I am just extremely lucky....

chest6 is offline Banned
    Giantz11 read the articles on this page, Its all about westside powerlifting

http://www.elitefts.com/elite-articles/home/default.asp

Everything based on soviet research on strenght development so it has a solid scientific foundation(something no bodybuilding system today has).

Chest6 do you sleep atleast 8 hours every night? Do you run any juice? Maby I am just extremely lucky....
    That site is reallly good i have read countless articles and they are all really helpful. Yes I sleep 8 hours a night. When I was cutting I think I tried to lose the weight too quickly rather than slow and steady. I would do cardio 5 times a week..morning on an empty stomach for 35-45 mins. I think I would go too intense at times. Also, I think I cut the carbs too low.

I usualy do very intense cardio aswell for 35-45 minutes, Im often way above target heart rate. I usualy lose 1-2 ibs a week in the begining then stall for a while and then it pics up again. right now Im losing close to 2,2 ibs every week. But now finaly strenght gains seems to have stalled so I will do some slin pwo for a week to let my body recover a bit.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Man I am on a big bulking diet now and I havent gotten that much strength

chest6 is offline Banned
    also, I lost around 10 pounds in 2 weeks..I think that was way too much

Oh yeah that's way too much.

Thread Information