jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member

Screwed up my elbow!!

First it was my left knee, then my left shoulder, now it's my left elbow. I don't know what I did but it hurts like hell to straighten it out or pull my hand to my chest. It was getting sore over the last 2 weeks or so. I started heating it pre-workout and icing it after. This seemed to make it worse. I thought I just strained a tendon. I've been sick and haven't trained for 4 days. I figured it would be a good rest for my elbow. Well today I made it through most of my shoulder routine and tried to do db frontals and forget it, couldn't even raise a 30. Usually I do 50's with no problem. The pain is toward the outside of the elbow, not like a joint. Maybe a pinched nerve? I'm gonna hit the chiropractor on monday and see what he says. Maybe he'll give me a referral. Anyone have any ideas?

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    ive got right elbow problem
    its been there for 3 years
    nothing works for it
    ive been chiro , ive been everywhere nothing works for me..
    u just have to get used to pain

decadbal is offline Banned
    my left elbow was messed up and now all of a sudden my right one is super messed up, i dont know what iti s, either something is torn, tearing or i have tendonitis

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Left elbow and deltoid are kicking my ass. I'm pretty sure it's from pressing too much (the deltoid), but I also have a nagging electric pain in the inner part of my left elbow. Tried ice, then heat and vice versa, still bothers.
    I'm going to lay off of the heavy ass weights that affect those areas and see.
    Please post what your doctor tells you.
    Thanx

This is a shooting pain like someone is sticking my elbow with a hot poker. I was having trouble folding laundry this morning and can't twist the top off my water bottle with my left hand. Something is def. torn or pinched. I'm gonna have to see a doc. So much for "Go heavy or go home". I went heavy and then HAD to go home.
    Last edited by jerseyboy; 07-30-2005 at 07:26 AM.

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    my left one always hurts every since i dislocated it 2 years ago.... the doctor didnt give me any exercises to do and now its ****ed for life.... the same happened with my other boy same doc same f'ed up elbow..... its hard to do skull crushers and upright rows sometimes

love 2 lift is offline Associate Member
    Good luck on ur recovery Bro!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Sounds like your ULNAR NERVE is really taking a beating and is shot.

If that's the case, you will be out quite a while. Tell you doctor you think that is what it is, and have him test for it. I'm willing to bet that is exactly what it is.

Let me know if I was right.

~SC~

Ulnar nerve, got it. I'll let you know.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Ulna nerve usually has symptoms stemming from lack of range of motion in your neck, and stems all the way down your arm into your fingers, the worst point is your elbow since the nerve passes through a narrow bone opening. If you have pain and tingling in your fingers and your neck feels stiff then it could be the Ulna. Other then that it sounds like Lateral tendonitis or tendonitos (more severe version), One of the best, quicked ways to heal it up is to seek Active Release, painful during the procedure but in a couple of days I gaurantee you feel better, oh deca and EQ dont hurt either

Going to the chiro. tonite. See what he says and I'm ordering some deca in the mean time.

Well my chiro said it was a severely inflamed tendon. I described the pain to him and he knew exactly where on my elbow it was coming from. He has another bodybuilder with the same problem in both elbows. He said it's the same as tennis elbow just more severe. He did some stretching of my hand and wrist and gave my elbow and forearm the ultrasound treatment and then he did what I guess was the active release where he rubs out the knots and lactic acid. It was kinda painful but felt much better when he was done. He said I could get a cortisone shot but I told him I'd rather give it a break for awhile than risk doing more damage. I go back in a week for another treatment and hopefully by then I'll have some deca . I can't just stop working my upper body completely. He also mentioned a strap for the elbow that has some kind of pad. Anyone seen one?
    Last edited by jerseyboy; 08-01-2005 at 06:30 PM.

I guess this is the type of strap he was talking about.
    http://www.nulifemedical.com/shopexd.asp?id=620

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyboy
    He said I could get a cortisone shot but I told him I'd rather give it a break for awhile than risk doing more damage. I can't just stop working my upper body completely. He also mentioned a strap for the elbow that has some kind of pad. Anyone seen one?
    Good decision on not taking the cortisone. Last thing you want is to not feel something hurting and end up screwing your elbow even worse.
    I don't think you have to stop, but you may have to do really light weights for the upper body.
    I believe you can find a cheapy type to get buy at Walgreens. I'm sure there are better ones online, w a better pad.
    Anyway, feel better Jersey.

Well my chiro said it was a severely inflamed tendon. I described the pain to him and he knew exactly where on my elbow it was coming from. He has another bodybuilder with the same problem in both elbows. He said it's the same as tennis elbow just more severe. He did some stretching of my hand and wrist and gave my elbow and forearm the ultrasound treatment and then he did what I guess was the active release where he rubs out the knots and lactic acid. It was kinda painful but felt much better when he was done. He said I could get a cortisone shot but I told him I'd rather give it a break for awhile than risk doing more damage. I go back in a week for another treatment and hopefully by then I'll have some deca. I can't just stop working my upper body completely. He also mentioned a strap for the elbow that has some kind of pad. Anyone seen one?
    I figured, look into www.bodyglove.com I love their elbow supports!

Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    I figured, look into www.bodyglove.com I love their elbow supports!
    The BodyGlove doesn't look like it has the circular pad. How does it work? Some kind of support for the bone or the muscle? I think my chiro said it was supposed to give the tendon more room to move, is that right?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I was wrong, but it's good to hear you are better!

~SC~

I bet you this is from doing straight bar curls. I've always had problems with my wrists and forearms but I was feeling strong so i did em kinda heavy 2 weeks in a row and that's about the time my elbow went south on me.

I got back in the gym last night and went against my docs advice. I just wanted to try some light chest work and it went really well. I did my whole chest and tri's routine with almost no pain. The only time my elbow really hurt was lifting the DB's off the rack. Actually my left arm with the bum elbow was the stronger one with my right giving out first as usual. The movements were no problem at all. If I don't feel any pain I should be good right? I wore an elbow strap I bought at the sporting goods store and it seemed to help. It felt so good to do some upper body. I don't think I can do shoulders or bi's but back shouldn't be a problem.

The BodyGlove doesn't look like it has the circular pad. How does it work? Some kind of support for the bone or the muscle? I think my chiro said it was supposed to give the tendon more room to move, is that right?
    The bodyglove one basically pulls the tendon into its proper position, eleviating pain

The one I bought looks like the Body Glove but it's hard to tell from the picture. I still haven't got a chance to hit the surgical supply.

Thread Information