Kristopher22 is offline Associate Member

Training for symetry......

I know that everyone says train each body part equally but.......... I have always had my left bicep 3/4 - 1" smaller and not even half as vascular as my right. This, as you can imagine looks retarded. I am left had dominant and it still is much smaller, although ,my left pec is more sculpted than my right and so on so forth.

Question being..... Should I train one side more than the other to try to play a bit of catch up? I was frowned upon doing site injections to try to compensate. What do you suggest for getting a little less lopsided??

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Dumbells Baby!!!!..dumbells.....

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    Never do "Catch Up" with lack of symmetry, everyone will tell you this, your best bet is to yes use dumbbells/seperate each exercies for them. also, watch yourself in a mirror very closely and monitor your exact movements for each of them, you may be doing something slightly different on one...good luck

Kristopher22 is offline Associate Member
    Thx for the input. I made a connection today. I tore the hell out of my left tricep over a year and a half ago and ever since I think I am subconciously being a little more slack on the left hand side of my body for fear of reoccuring pain. I'll pound away at the DB's and see if it helps matters along. Cheers.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Sometimes are non-dominant arm can actually be larger than our dominant arm. Our non-dominant arm doesn't have the same neuromuscular coordination that your dominant one has. Thus, the non-dominant arm has to fight harder to keep up with the dominant arm. As a result, the non-dominant arm hypertrophies more.

Thread Information