GettinBig is offline New Member

Angry Question for Big Kev and others

I don't understand why friends are giving me so much slack about my workout which is exactly the same as Big Kev's. I saw it and thought it was awesome. Everyone say's I am overtraining going 5x a week (1 bodypart per week). Infact, they say someone needs to be genetically gifted in order to make gains on this type of program. Currently doing my first cycle (Fina/Test) and they say I should change it to a four day split. They also tell me to stop doing cardio because I won't make any gains because cardio is so catabolic. CAn you please give me your advice. It's the end of my second week and I'm up 5 pounds, so I think their advice is crap. Thoughts? I'm only concerned because my friends at the gym are juiced monsters

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Everyone's different in terms of making gains on certain routines. I use bigk's as well and have put on two pounds of LM in a couple of weeks and my BF is down as well. As for the cardio(and this is just an opinion-I have never done a cycle) I would do some speed walking instead of jogging or running to prevent as much catabolicism as possible. Bottom line- If it's working for you, ignore the majority
    Also- Welcome to the board!

mando is offline Associate Member
    don't buy the overtraining hype too much , if u 're makin gains , feelin good , gettin better , whots the problem?
    personally i'm training 6on/1off each bodypart twice a week , and every workout i'm stronger , jus keep the food high and sleep well.
    thats the way the old schools guys did things e.g- sergio , arnie.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    1st read this ( http://www.rice.edu/~jenky/sports/overtraining.html) so you can school them on what overtraning is
    there probably saying your over exercising if your bulking i would cut out the cardio or cut it down to 1 day or none at all

also if your bulking 3 days a week would probably give you your best gains, BUT if your happy w/ your results stick with it

wow guys...this board is awesome! Thanks for all your input. So how much cardio is a good amount while on the gear and not to comprimise gains?

solid90062 is offline Member
    Some guys are just stubborn and dont believe anything different from THEIR routine can be better. If you are up 5 pounds then you cant be overtraining, because very simply IF YOU OVERTRAIN YOU WONT GROW. And that's obviously NOT the case.

30mins of cardio 3days a weeks is fine.

Commander_Bash is offline Junior Member
    if you feel like your not overtraining then you arent..I train 1 bodypart a day 5 days a week and i feel like im undertraining....
    and i don't take AS....They can be juice monsters all they want i bet half of them dont know what the hell there doing...everyones different i hate fags who tell people there doing something wrong because its not their way like their way is the best..There used to be this skinny guy at the gym telling everyone do this do that i go if this guy comes up to me im embarrassing him ...he never did
    anyways take advice from people but not ignorant advice and dont think there right because there " juice monsters " or there big keep your routine and when they see you growing you can prove there asses wrong
    Peace Bash

I agree with you 100% Bash....but when they are in your face all the time and you look at some of their bodies which I must admit are pretty sweet, you just naturally start to think they may be right. Thanks to this board, they can kiss my ass.

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    3 day split example

chest, tris -monday
    back, bis - wednesday
    legs, shoulders- friday

i do bi and tri's on the same day because I superset them

xplicit is offline Member
    increased frequency of viral illnesses what exactly is a viral illness ???

mando is offline Associate Member
    man , i was in the same boat a couple of yrs ago , my head was full of this overtrainin shit , then i said fuk that i will train like the old boys , 6 on /1off , lately my split is similar to ronnie's and guess what? it works , when i started i was scared that i will loose size , but in 10 months i went from 200lb to 235 lb , all natural . soo try everything but don't beleive the hype.........peace.

Thread Information