SaTyR is offline Member

Biceps overtraining?

For my biceps I only do 2 exercices.

Standing barbell curl.

5sets

Standing barbell hammer curl

5sets

Total of 10sets, is this to much for my biceps?

JNel04 is offline Associate Member
    u never switch it up...preacher curls, hammer curls usin the rope, etc?

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by JNel04
    u never switch it up...preacher curls, hammer curls usin the rope, etc?
    I hope you switch it up also. And no I dont think that would be overtraining it whatsoever. This is not a comment specifically aimed at anyone in general. But dont be too worried about overtraining, things differ from person to person. Try different things and see what works for you. I personally have changed my bicep workout to about 16 sets (depending on the day and selection of excercises) and since I have done that my biceps have grown faster than ever before. Some people tell me I overtrain but it doesnt matter because it has worked for me. So just play it day to day, see what works and stick with it.

Good luck on ur bi's

-Bino

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    I hope you switch it up also. And no I dont think that would be overtraining it whatsoever. This is not a comment specifically aimed at anyone in general. But dont be too worried about overtraining, things differ from person to person. Try different things and see what works for you. I personally have changed my bicep workout to about 16 sets (depending on the day and selection of excercises) and since I have done that my biceps have grown faster than ever before. Some people tell me I overtrain but it doesnt matter because it has worked for me. So just play it day to day, see what works and stick with it.

Good luck on ur bi's

-Bino
    I agree, everyone is different. What is overtraining for one person could be very effective for another. Two exercises is not nearly enough for a bicep workout..i would hardly call that one. I would try
    Preacher curls/Reverse Preacher curls- 3 sets
    Standing st. bar curls- 3 sets
    Hammers- 3 sets
    low pulley curls- 3 sets
    Curls on Incline bench- 3 sets
    Pick 3 or 4 of these

Showtime18 is offline New Member
    for more defined biceps try reverse cable curls. dumbell preacher curls also help. you should probably do at least 3-4 exercises, and everyone else is right, you gotta switch it up.

SaTyR is offline Member
    So I would be better off doing 3 exercices of each 3 sets, instead of 2 exercices of each 5 sets.

I just found it weird why you would do a preacher curl 3 sets and then a standing barbell curl 3sets, its the same movement you make. So you do a totall of 6 sets of the same movement. I thought that would be overtraining.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Well on a day you want to use preacher then dont do standing barbell if you feel it is not beneficial, instead do concentration curls or something else. There are tons of different variations to the core excercises. Use trial and error and see how you can get the most effective workout and hit each point in ur bi's. I would say 9 sets is a good place to start (3x3 as you said above).

-Bino

Thread Information