Thread: uneven lats

Showtime18 is offline New Member

uneven lats

this is kinda stupid, but my right lat is larger than my left. i think it may be becuase when im carrying plates, i usually carry with my right hand. does that make any sense? if that's not it, what other reason could it be?

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    use narrow grip pull down,..do each arm seperatly

use and underhand grip , and the next workout try underhand grip and try to kinda twist it on the way down....

of course include some more dumbell or one arm exercise in ur back training

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    I dont know if carrying plates etc is the reason. But as a general rule I make sure i cary one plate with each hand or if Im only carrying one that I alternate hands each time. Dont get into the habit of favouring one side...

-Bino

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    If it is from carrying the plate on the larger lat side, then I recommend switching their roles until balance is achieved. Don't worry about alternating them, just carry on your small side lat until they even out. What I would recommend is to have a buddy watch your form on all back exercises and give you some feedback. Or better yet videotape and critique your technique. Your strong side could be doing more of the work if you use chins, barbells, etc.

Thread Information