Thick911 is offline Junior Member

Arms outgrowing rest of body

...I am 29 - 195lbs and 10%BF, my arms are at 18"-and are getting to the point to where they are getting out of proportion with the rest of my body. (My Calfs are at 15") My workout Consist of the same thing for everybodypart. 12 sets, 3 different exercises, 6-10 reps each set. Also, I work each body part every fifth day. Everthing is growing the same, but my arms have grown, a lil quicker I guess. What would be a good workout to still train them but to actually keep them growing at a slower pace. I never thought I would ever say that...any suggestions.

i wish i had the same problem man. compared to my chest and delts my arms are tiny.

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    I have the same problem. Although I don't think my arms are ever big enough, I can't get my calves to grow for shit. I don't even do bulking cycles anymore because with the bloat my upper body is huge and my legs are still small. I'd rather be in proportion than have huge arms and torso.

What if I went to a high rep, moderate weight regimen for my arms?

Pump_30 is offline Junior Member
    IMO opinion your triceps are getting work when you bench and your biceps when you do back......Maybe only work Bi's/Tri's twice a month....if they are growing that quickly scale back a little....

Will that make them decrease in size working them that way?

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    just cut down on the sets mate,instead of doin 12 do 9,see how that goes.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Most people I know would call you a lucky ass bastard!

You lucky ass bastard!
    Last edited by Giantz11; 08-05-2005 at 02:26 PM.

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pump_30
    IMO opinion your triceps are getting work when you bench and your biceps when you do back......Maybe only work Bi's/Tri's twice a month....if they are growing that quickly scale back a little....
    What he said.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyboy
    I have the same problem. Although I don't think my arms are ever big enough, I can't get my calves to grow for shit. I don't even do bulking cycles anymore because with the bloat my upper body is huge and my legs are still small. I'd rather be in proportion than have huge arms and torso.
    I have the same problem myself. When I used to use a bodybuilding program, I would break my workouts up to either lower body day or upper body day. I got this advice from strength coach Ian King and it really helped balance out my body. A lot of bodybuilders use a upper to lower body ratio of 3:1. This will lead to an imbalance, unless your have superior leg genetics.

calf size in genetic- pray hard and do raises for a few years an expect to gain an inch at most (w/o roids or implants)- I say cover your legs and worry mostly about upper body unless you feel that you need to be a pro

_Tiger_ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 19inchpythons
    calf size in genetic- pray hard and do raises for a few years an expect to gain an inch at most (w/o roids or implants)- I say cover your legs and worry mostly about upper body unless you feel that you need to be a pro
    I dont think thats good advice at all. "Just give up"..no

anyways bro, congrats on the arm growth, I'm guessing your favorite muscles to work out are bi's and tri's? ...My advice would be to try and hit every other muscle group as if they were your arms, like you absolutely love hitting those muscle groups just like you do with arms.

don't give up on your calves, just know your weaknesses, that's all...

Thread Information