brutal chest/shoulder day tomm, not happy

Ok, so I have this pro doing my diet and workout routine to help me for my show. This guy is simply, a ****ing monster. I dont mean 230 or 240, I mean like 310lbs at probably no more than 8 or 9% bf and gets on stage in the 280's. He has me eating what seems like alot of food, but he's adjusting it all in 2 weeks again. I dont know about the workouts, they look like overtraining, but then again I'm on alot of gear right now and I'm eating a decent amount of food. This is my chest /shoulder day tomm. I'll post again tomm night if I'm alive.

decline db press- 4 sets of 15(increasing weight to heavy, maybe only get 8-10 reps on the last set)

inc db press- 4 sets of 15

hammer strength incline press- 4 sets of 25

pec deck- 4 sets of 25 supersetted with 4 sets of pushups at 25 reps/set.

seated db military press- 4 sets of 15

triset(all three exercises back to back)

front db raises- 4 sets of 15
    upright rows- 4 sets of 15
    side laterals- 4 sets of 15

1 hr cardio as well, I'll probably split it up and hit 30 min in the morning on empty stomach, then the other 30 after I train.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    ummmmmmmmm 310 8% bf????

Girlyman is offline Associate Member
    Well if he's the monster you say he is you might as well give his workout a shot

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    Ok, so I have this pro doing my diet and workout routine to help me for my show. This guy is simply, a ****ing monster. I dont mean 230 or 240, I mean like 310lbs at probably no more than 8 or 9% bf and gets on stage in the 280's. He has me eating what seems like alot of food, but he's adjusting it all in 2 weeks again. I dont know about the workouts, they look like overtraining, but then again I'm on alot of gear right now and I'm eating a decent amount of food. This is my chest /shoulder day tomm. I'll post again tomm night if I'm alive.

decline db press- 4 sets of 15(increasing weight to heavy, maybe only get 8-10 reps on the last set)

inc db press- 4 sets of 15

hammer strength incline press- 4 sets of 25

pec deck- 4 sets of 25 supersetted with 4 sets of pushups at 25 reps/set.

seated db military press- 4 sets of 15

triset(all three exercises back to back)

front db raises- 4 sets of 15
    upright rows- 4 sets of 15
    side laterals- 4 sets of 15

1 hr cardio as well, I'll probably split it up and hit 30 min in the morning on empty stomach, then the other 30 after I train.
    Is your friend knowledgeable about using gear, or is he a gear monkey, anybody can go mad with the juice and G/H and become a monster in a year or so, I’m not saying that he has, but people tend to listen to guys that are huge, that is when you can be lead down the garden path, and before you no it you are doing as much gear as him, all I’m saying is be carefull..

As for the workout if you are on $hit load of gear you my get away with it but IMO that is a lot for chest and shoulders and you could drop the pec- deck and pushups if your going for size...you could drop the frout raises to The anterior head gets massive stimulation during bench and your going to be doing a lot of that....i hope you have a good one tomozz...

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If I were doing a show, I'd be doing what I know works for me personally, not trying someone else's method(s) before the event. If I were to experiment w/someone else's protocol, I'd do so at a time other than that of preparing for a show so if it's not effective and doesn't work for you, you don't have to worry about it messing you up before your event.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    If I were doing a show, I'd be doing what I know works for me personally, not trying someone else's method(s) before the event. If I were to experiment w/someone else's protocol, I'd do so at a time other than that of preparing for a show so if it's not effective and doesn't work for you, you don't have to worry about it messing you up before your event.

~SC~
    True that Swole, after much consideration I think I'm going to do his workouts but cut down on a few sets and reps. Use a little of what he knows, with a little of what I know and see what happens. The diet seemed like an assload of food yesterday, but I woke up looking pretty ripped and full today, so maybe the guys onto something. I'll keep you guys posted with pics soon to come. Thanks for all the help

Thread Information