Cleaner13 is offline Junior Member

Strength in biceps

I dont think this was asked before

and yes I did alot of searching but are there any techniques or ways of lifting to only increase the strength in biceps?

My arms are big enough for me and Im happy with them, however Id like to add strength and if possible explosive power like in other works like for chest and triceps etc...

thanks

Carl

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    i think barbell cheat curls and heavy hammer curls have jacked up my curling strength more than any other movement.

kikiboi is offline Junior Member
    i would stick to around 8-12 reps, and about 3 sets of that exercise. and on the last set once you work close to failure i would do 5-8 parital reps, going half way up and then all the way down.

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    yeah try some cheat curls for power and some low rep barbell curls 3-5 reps

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Heavy, heavy back work.

Try variations on Chin Ups (wide grip, close grip, reverse grip, etc...) and go to failure.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Weighted supinated-grip pullups will build strength in your biceps like dips (triceps-style) do for the triceps. Heavy cheat barbell curls would be the second best exercise.
    Now if you want true explosive power in the biceps, is the top one. Over at t-nation.com, I believe it was Personal Trainer Don Alessi, there was an exercise called plyometric pullups (reverse grip). You pull yourself up explosively, clap at the top, regrab the bar and drop back down into the negative. For a more accurate description, check it out at t-nation.com.

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner13
    are there any techniques or ways of lifting to only increase the strength in biceps?

My arms are big enough for me and Im happy with them, however Id like to add strength and if possible explosive power like in other works like for chest and triceps etc...

thanks

Carl
    Try a bicep / tricep / forearm day.
    5 sets standing bbell curls (5-10 reps) ---incorporate cheating--- s/setted w/
    5 sets rope pushdowns / or dips <weighted> (6-10 reps)
    then
    5 sets hammer curls (5-10 reps)---cheating---s/setted w/
    5 sets skullcrushers (5-10 reps)

4 sets wrist curls
    4 sets reverse bbell curls

The pump in my tris gives me almost a recoil when doing the curls. This is why I say to do them together, along w the synergistic effect.

Now, to answer the second part of your question about how to strengthen your chest. Hitting your tris w skullcrushers will put some strength on your bench. Also, bbell rows (back day) will greatly help your bench and standing bbell press (shoulder day) as well.

Thread Information