InTraining is offline Junior Member

how do i do it????

hi guys, my question is about training, i am still fairly new to this and have read alot on here about people doing 1 body part per day or maybe 2 body parts.
    at the moment i am doing a full workout 3 days a week and 1 day cardio, is this just as effective or have i got it totaly wrong and wasting my time??
    the problem i find with doing 1 part per day is that is i do good on 1st excersice i am not able to do the 2nd as much as i can, what does this mean??
    at the moment i usualy start by doing bench press followed by sit ups then calves, chin ups, crunches, squat, lats ect.....................

any advice welcome, thanks.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Im not liking your workout now at all.
    try this
    Monday-chest
    Tuesday-back
    wed-off
    thurs-legs/shoulders
    fri-off
    sat-arms

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by InTraining
    the problem i find with doing 1 part per day is that is i do good on 1st excersice i am not able to do the 2nd as much as i can,
    Then how in the world are you able to train your entire body in one session if you feel you can't productively train only 2???

~SC~

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Then how in the world are you able to train your entire body in one session if you feel you can't productively train only 2???

~SC~
    good question. a full body workout is much more taxing. you shouldn't be weak after only one set.

i do 3 sets of 10 reps per excersice, and the reason i find it easier is because i am giving that part of my body a rest of 2 excersises before i use it again. i suppose using the same amount of time but just sitting there and stretching it might be the same, but as i go on my own and dont know anyone there yet i feel a bit out of place by just sitting there, thats why i do a different bady part. im guessing that isnt how your ment to do it but do you understand why i do it???
    back to my original question, is it wrong to do this and am i just wasting my time by doing it this way????

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JAYROD
    good question. a full body workout is much more taxing. you shouldn't be weak after only one set.
    much less you shouldnt be able to complete the entire workout if you were training intensely enough

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    well first of all you shouldnt worry bout anyone around u....
    dont worry if u dont fit in by just sitting there...

i dont agree with u doing legs,chest and chins on same day..
    if u can train 3 days why dont u split it to
    mon - push = chest,shoulders,triceps
    wed - legs
    friday - pull = back,biceps,lower back

and have ur rest between ur sets and see how u go...
    if u can train more days..... then u can do diff routine to this one which will be more effective

TADOLFI is offline Member
    Good points made by all and I used to do what you're doing....a form of "circuit training". It got me in to the gym and helped me get in to a grove, but what happened through time was that my body adjusted to the routine and I wasn't making gains and got bored.

If you are okay with this workout routine for the short-term than I think it's okay to get your base laid for some of the mass exercises and a few secondaries - but you'll need to encompass other exercises and modify your routine to make steady progress.

These folks on the board know what they're talkin about and you should try some of the advice as you feel more comfortable in the gym.

Another thing that worked for me on the circuit training was to work my stronger body part first and that would help my motivation and keep me moving. This may help you get past the "feeling out of place".

thanks alot for the advice guys, it has been noted.

Thread Information