cjduncs is offline Junior Member

Help....chest problem

am on week 5 of sus 500 mg/wk and deca 300 mg/wk. I have seen great gains so far and am happy with my results, but I am having trouble working out my chest. After the first chest exercise I do, usually bench my shoulders give out for the rest of the work out making it difficult to work chest to failure for the rest of the workout. I usually like to get 15 sets in for chest, but my workouts the past couple weeks haven't felt like chest was trained as hard as it could've been. I had this problem slightly before the juice, but its really intensified while on my cycle. Anyone have advice on how to rlly get a good chest workout with this shoulder pain??? I am thinking about maybe doing uper chest one day a short intense workout maybe 6-8 sets and then a few days after that working middle chest short and intensely 6-8 sets. This way I can hit the chest twice and week and try to advoid the shoulder pain with short chest workouts.

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    you are getting the shoulder pain from too much pressing. Maybe cut down the amount of pressing in your workout and incorporate more types of fly's.

-SHRED

Zapp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.shred
    you are getting the shoulder pain from too much pressing. Maybe cut down the amount of pressing in your workout and incorporate more types of fly's.

-SHRED
    I agree with Shred. You also might want to think about using hammer strengh equipment for a while.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Shred was on to something, yes.

I'd "pre-exhaust" the pecs by using flyes, pec deck, cable crossovers, etc. Do one set of any of those, then immediately go into a pressing movement. Superset in that fasion, this way the pecs are thrashed pretty good, then you go and thrash them more with a pressing movement using triceps/shoulders which are "fresh". You should be able to tax the chest more by doing this.

~SC~

Thread Information