Roid Rage is offline Member

Lightbulb A New Techquie/plan? What Do You Guys Think? (big Arms)

Ok I normally do this...

CURRENT WORKOUT
    Monday: Chest, Triceps’s
    Tuesday: Back, Bi's
    Thursday: Legs
    Friday: Shoulders, Lats

I read this article on BIG ARMS at http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/gastelu15.htm about the key to getting big arms is supersetting a bicep and tricep excerise... And well i looked at my layout and realized the only way i could get my biceps and triceps workout together if i did something like...

REVISED WORKOUT
    Monday: Chest, Shoulders
    Tuesday: Back, Lats
    Friday: Biceps, Triceps

What do you guys think of the revised workout? the way the new way the muscle groups are setup? Or is my current workout better?

Thanks

RR

Last edited by Roid Rage; 08-10-2005 at 07:38 PM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Looks pretty good to me how it's revised, yes, I used to do something similar.

~SC~

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by Roid Rage
    Ok I normally do this...

CURRENT WORKOUT
    Monday: Chest, Triceps’s
    Tuesday: Back, Bi's
    Friday: Shoulders, Lats

I read this article on BIG ARMS at http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/gastelu15.htm about the key to getting big arms is supersetting a bicep and tricep excerise... And well i looked at my layout and realized the only way i could get my biceps and triceps workout together if i did something like...

REVISED WORKOUT
    Monday: Chest, Shoulders
    Tuesday: Back, Lats
    Friday: Biceps, Triceps

What do you guys think of the revised workout? the way the new way the muscle groups are setup? Or is my current workout better?

Thanks

RR

what are the sets, and reps, on the Biceps, Triceps, supersetting how are you doing it..

SC thanks for the reply bud...

Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    what are the sets, and reps, on the Biceps, Triceps, supersetting how are you doing it..
    I do not follow a strict regime (if thats spelt right) i consider myself fairly experienced and i play it day by day... i think i know my muscles pretty well, so if life according to how i feel at that time.

However my basic layout is something as follows...

FOR MY COMPOUND LIFTS (deads, squats, bench): i normally do 1 warmup set, 1 medium set, 2 heavy sets (sometimes a burner set [about 4-5 sets]).

For my typical minor muscle groups (biceps/triceps/shoulders): i typically do 2-3 sets per muscle... however i plan on trying out that bodybuilders guide to big arms since i seem to lack size there...

For my deads and squats i do about 2 sets of 3-6 reps heavy weight, (obviously more on the medium and burning sets)

Bench i aim for about 6-8 reps heavy weight, (obviously more on the medium and burning sets)

Anyhow maybe this additional detail while help further some advice on my topic/issue. I hope to hear some more comments!

Thanks again

RR

SC thanks for the reply bud...

I do not follow a strict regime (if thats spelt right) i consider myself fairly experienced and i play it day by day... i think i know my muscles pretty well, so if life according to how i feel at that time.

However my basic layout is something as follows...

FOR MY COMPOUND LIFTS (deads, squats, bench): i normally do 1 warmup set, 1 medium set, 2 heavy sets (sometimes a burner set [about 4-5 sets]).

For my typical minor muscle groups (biceps/triceps/shoulders): i typically do 2-3 sets per muscle... however i plan on trying out that bodybuilders guide to big arms since i seem to lack size there...

For my deads and squats i do about 2 sets of 3-6 reps heavy weight, (obviously more on the medium and burning sets)

Bench i aim for about 6-8 reps heavy weight, (obviously more on the medium and burning sets)

Anyhow maybe this additional detail while help further some advice on my topic/issue. I hope to hear some more comments!

Thanks again

RR
    Sounds good roid, you could mix it up with the reps, from week to week keep the body guessing, it looks like its all there though bro, good routine. Low sets, using midrange movements ect, ect,

Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    Sounds good roid, you could mix it up with the reps, from week to week keep the body guessing, it looks like its all there though bro, good routine. Low sets, using midrange movements ect, ect,

Thanks chief....

Actually SwoleCat and SPG you guys mind pasting a routine you used so i can compare them and possibly gain some good ideas ?

Of course if you dont mind!

Thanks...

RR

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    both are good to me... it's good to change back and forth from workout to the next. Try and see if you could organize a yearly routine so you can touch on all aspects... strength, volume, mass, defenition etc... including a rest month with only cardio/cardio activities.

Actually SwoleCat and SPG you guys mind pasting a routine you used so i can compare them and possibly gain some good ideas ?

Of course if you dont mind!

Thanks...

RR
    my program,

I don’t now quit what you mean but this is a link to my training program that I use and use on clients with good success..have a look if you like its a bit of a long read but possible if you cut through the crap....
    Last edited by S.P.G; 08-11-2005 at 10:16 AM.

Thread Information