08-11-2005, 04:12 AM #1
Water bad to drink while working out?
i just read something that said water is bad to drink while lifting, and that it is a "weight gaining substance". is this true? cuz if so, i've been doing something very bad. i tend to have a sip at the fountain as often as everytime i'm resting between sets! should i drink less, or not drink at all while i'm working out? or is this ridiculous?
08-11-2005, 05:20 AM #2Originally Posted by Rayman
A protein shake or meal replacement, Im not to sure, as your body digests the food it will take blood away from the working muscles during your workout.
Last edited by S.P.G; 08-11-2005 at 05:54 AM.
08-11-2005, 05:49 AM #3
Water is just fine , tell those people they're idiots
08-11-2005, 07:26 AM #4
You probably got it from this list which is mostl bullsh!t....
ten commandments of the bodybuilding diet.
1. Never mix protein fat, and carbohydrates at the same meal. They do not digest in the same medium.
2. Cut out all food and diet drinks containing salt or sodium nitrates. Sodium retains excess water in the tissues and subcutaneous fat.
3. Stay away from or eliminate refined sugar.
4. Do not drink water during workouts or with meals Water is a weight gaining substance
5. Fats are desirable and combined with protein help emulsify bodyfat and provide energy
6. Half and half cream contains almost no carbohydrates and provides much desired bodybuilding nutrition. Throw away skim milk and homogenized milk.
7. Eggs are the best source of inexpensive protein. Use the best - fertile eggs.
8. Carbohydrates mixed with protein turn to fat. Carbohydrates only turn to fat. Start counting grams of carbohydrates. Forget counting calories.
9. Stress or hyperactivity will not allow you to digest food properly, destroying muscle tissue. Eat slowly and put energy into your life.
10. Cigarette smoking will cause restriction of the capillary system you are trying to build, making muscle gains difficult.
08-11-2005, 07:34 AM #5
year, i was going to say can he post the (waters bad during training Article) I would like to read that..
08-11-2005, 09:00 AM #6
that sounds stupid to me
08-11-2005, 09:04 AM #7Originally Posted by Squatman51
08-11-2005, 09:51 AM #8Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2003
I drink water constantly throughout my workout. I was always told to put as much in as you losing.
08-11-2005, 09:58 AM #9Originally Posted by promiscio
08-11-2005, 10:28 AM #10AR Hall of Fame
Originally Posted by Rayman
- Join Date
- Dec 2002
08-11-2005, 10:35 AM #11
carb drink accompanied with water is best IMO... remember your pre-wo carbs pwo carbs and the hour window post training for protein
08-11-2005, 11:13 AM #12Originally Posted by SwoleCat
08-11-2005, 01:04 PM #13
that's exactly where i got it from!
and that's what i thought.. thanks guys
08-11-2005, 02:32 PM #14
dont drink water when u workout??
so i should drink beer.
kidding but it sounds really bad to me.
08-12-2005, 02:47 AM #15Originally Posted by SwoleCat
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)