Thread: HIT Program

Positive is offline Associate Member

HIT Program

What do you guys think of the HIT workout program? Below is a sample done on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

Squats 1 X 8 - 10 reps
    Leg Extensions 1 X 8 - 10 reps
    Leg Curls 1 X 8 - 10 reps
    Dead Lifts 1 X 8 - 10 reps
    Barbell Overhead Shoulder Press 1 X 8 - 10 reps
    Seated Rows 1 X 8 - 10 reps
    Bench Press 1 X 8 - 10 reps
    Barbell Bicep Curls 1 X 8 - 10 reps
    Tricep Extensions 1 X 8 - 10 reps
    Weighted Pullups 1 X 8 - 10 reps
    Weighted Dips 1 X 8 - 10 reps
    Standing Calf Raises 1 X 8 - 12 reps
    Abs - 1 X 10 - 15 reps

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Myself, I need a bit more volume when it comes to training. When I tried HIT, I never did ALL bodyparts in one day, and when I did train HIT style, there was no way I could hit the same muscles again just 2 days later and not 3 times per week. Remember that you grow while you are OUT of the gym, not in it.

~SC~

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Myself, I need a bit more volume when it comes to training. When I tried HIT, I never did ALL bodyparts in one day, and when I did train HIT style, there was no way I could hit the same muscles again just 2 days later and not 3 times per week. Remember that you grow while you are OUT of the gym, not in it.

~SC~
    That was the problem I found with it..wasent hit started by sean and bill Phillips

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    That was the problem I found with it..wasent hit started by sean and bill Phillips
    Actually it was started by Arthur Jones, the guy who created Nautilus. I just read a new book "The New HIT" by one of his guys Ellington Darden. I have been doing HIT for about 4-5 weeks now. I am noticing my weights going up but I think it's really b/c I laid out of the gym for like 4 weeks so I am actually getting back what I lost while out. I guess the only real way to know is to go back to the workout I was doing b4 I laid out and see if my lifts are higher.

Anyway, I like it.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    It appears that you have done a good job in picking exercises to create muscle balance. I would drop the reps on calves and abs to 8-10 reps as well, though. My abs really improved when I trained them with resistance, like all the other bodyparts. The same applied with calves. Everybody is different, but that's what worked with me.

ryan9101 is offline Associate Member
    About a year ago I bought Mike Mentzers book, and tried it for a while. I can not say I stuck with it long enough to notice anything. For me mentally, I need more volume to feel like I am doing something.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan9101
    About a year ago I bought Mike Mentzers book, and tried it for a while. I can not say I stuck with it long enough to notice anything. For me mentally, I need more volume to feel like I am doing something.
    I purchased his book as well. If you ever feel like giving high intensity/low volume a try again, make sure you record your exercises/reps/sets/etc. As long as you perform more work than the last workout you will progress. People like to rip his methods but he was one of the more intelligent bodybuilders out there.

promiscio is offline Member
    Please explain 1x8 - 10 reps...

Positive is offline Associate Member
    One set, eight to ten reps

Thread Information