GG4321 is offline Junior Member

Question maintaining size durin football season

whats up guys...i spent my whole off season in the gym gained a solid 15 lbs and ive never felt better...goin into my season im worried about loosing a lot of size bc its hard to get in the gym as much with football on top of classes do you guys have any suggestions if i went down to only 2 lifts a week would i still loose size??

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by GG4321
    whats up guys...i spent my whole off season in the gym gained a solid 15 lbs and ive never felt better...goin into my season im worried about loosing a lot of size bc its hard to get in the gym as much with football on top of classes do you guys have any suggestions if i went down to only 2 lifts a week would i still loose size??
    No,, I.m.o I don’t think that you will loose to much size if you only train two times a week, this is still adequate time to train, you could do a split like this.

1Chest shoulder triceps
    2 off
    3off
    4off
    5 back legs bicep

Or you could try some thing more abbreviated..

Monday/Friday

Mon,
    Squat
    Stiff leg dead or covenantal deads
    Pullup or prone row.

Friday
    Bench / incline
    Shoulder press

don’t be put of by the abbreviated split, it looks like its lacking in bicep and triceps work, but they will get good of stimulation during the workouts.

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    yea i would just do exercises like rows deadlifts squat bench incline shoulder press chins dips.....forget the little DB curls and all that just stick with core lifts

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatman51
    yea i would just do exercises like rows deadlifts squat bench incline shoulder press chins dips.....forget the little DB curls and all that just stick with core lifts
    Agreed.. that’s my point exactly With the abbreviated routine, the problem is that ppl think if the don’t do all the accessory movements there not working out…

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    When I played football, hittin' the gym was part of our practice at least 3 times per week.

I guess times have changed?

~SC~

GG4321 is offline Junior Member
    thanks a lot guys

freakintraining is offline Associate Member
    same here everyother day was either running or weights spilt between offense and defense

Thread Information