guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test

doggcrapp, mike mentzger training methods

How many of you have personally tried this "doggcrapp" training and what were the results? This sounds a lot like mike mentzgers training methods to me. I definately am interested, enough so that i am going to try it for w few months. I just am really skeptical about the whole "super-low-volume" approach. call me brainwashed but, I have always been led to believe that in order to stimulate growth you have to exhaust the fibers more than what 1-2 sets would do. If anyone has more info on these training methods or have had success, please let me know. The splits were kind of confusing to me.

Doggcrapp is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullsmasher
    call me brainwashed but, I have always been led to believe that in order to stimulate growth you have to exhaust the fibers more than what 1-2 sets would do. .
    Its as simple as this--if my writing, 4 years of posts, and 4 years of pictures of my trainees havent convinced you--then dont do it. I already can tell by your paragraph that its not going to work for you because you have one foot out the door already

Mogambo is offline New Member
    Doggcrapp preaches a rest-pause technique followed by a static hold and extreme strech, this beats the hell outta your muscle and believe me by the end of the workout you wont have anything left in the tank to do more sets if you perform the routine correctly. I've used it in the past with pretty good results, just like many programs it works quite well if done correctly.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    It's definitely not for someone just getting into it either. I look forward to trying DC in a couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggcrapp
    Its as simple as this--if my writing, 4 years of posts, and 4 years of pictures of my trainees havent convinced you--then dont do it. I already can tell by your paragraph that its not going to work for you because you have one foot out the door already

i wouldnt say i have one foot out the door but, one foot in it.i posted this and pmd u to get more info on it. i would like to research it more to ensure when i do try it, that i am doing it right. where could i get more info on these methods and proper splits to do them?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I have to support DC here as a trainer/nutritionist myself, and say that yes, his methods do work. He's been in "biz" just as I have for just about the same number of years if memory serves me correctly, so it's evident he is doing something right.

You don't last in a virtual world, or any world for that matter, if you are not getting results. DC and his methods get results, just as I get results with my methods and what I specialize in. He and I have different areas of "expertise", but we both excel in what we do.

~SC~

can this be done without a spotter or machines? I have neither.

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I have to support DC here as a trainer/nutritionist myself, and say that yes, his methods do work. He's been in "biz" just as I have for just about the same number of years if memory serves me correctly, so it's evident he is doing something right.

You don't last in a virtual world, or any world for that matter, if you are not getting results. DC and his methods get results, just as I get results with my methods and what I specialize in. He and I have different areas of "expertise", but we both excel in what we do.

~SC~
    Would be nice if you two associated

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    mentzer actually had a couple of good ideas, which often gets forgotten because of how dogmatic his disciples are. like any innovator, he was right about some things, wrong about others. the key is not to say "this guy is full of shit" the key is to figure out which of his ideas are full shit, and which are valid.

i borrowed some of his ideas many years ago, modified them into a workable program, and used them with great success. what i ended up with was something similar to DCs method (tho not nearly as complete and well thought out). DCs program is very effective.

Doggcrapp is offline New Member
    I appreciate the comments swolecat and have a high regard for your work also-thank you---- Dante

I appreciate the comments swolecat and have a high regard for your work also-thank you---- Dante
    Cool beans brutha, thanks for your comments as well!

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by ReX357
    Would be nice if you two associated

That would be something major.........

Talk about shocking 1000's of people on the net!

Like Mobb Deep joining G-Unit..........Like Burger King merging with McDonald's.

I don't believe there would be ANYONE we couldn't TOTALLY change.

It would almost be surreal.

~SC~

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Well the idea is thrown, it's up to you now!

I had a few questions I thought u might be able to answer.

1.how many rest pauses do u do for each exercise? on chest do u just do your # reps to failure, take ur rest,pump out more, rest, pump out last ones, static hold, then stretch and thats it for any exercise?

2.how much do u rest between rest pauses? 15 breaths or 1 min? I have read its 1 min, with yer 5 rep max, work yer way up until u can do 10 reps rest pause with 1 min rest between reps, then when u can do 10 decrease the amount of rest to 45 sec, 30 sec, 15, sec each workout until u can do all 10 reps with a max of 15 sec rest betweeen reps. I also have read its just a simple 15 breaths rest. which one, and is this the right way to do it? or does the 10 rep/15 sec rest thing not needed as long as u get 15 breaths rest adn only do rest pause twice on 1 set.

3. the negatives should take 8 seconds down on ALL reps of EVERY exercise? and the static I cant do for 30 sec, so just work my way up?

sinista63 is offline Associate Member
    SwoleCat and Doggrapp complementing each other? NOW i know i've been away for too long. or should i go outside and check if the apocalypse is upon us?

DC is a good bro, and deserves the props/recognition that he receives.

~SC~

Thread Information