Girlyman is offline Associate Member

Not getting sore

Well I made another thread asking for some input on my training and diet but no one responded, I need help because I'm new and I don't wanna waste my intial "growth spurt" from lifting.

Anyway my chest NEVER gets sore, I mean while I'm lifting it does but never an hour later or even the next day. Not sore to the touch or to movement of the muscle. I am eating 3 muscle milks a day on top of shitloads of carbs and proteins, is it possible thta my body is recovering really fast, or am I just not hitting it hard enough?

I am doing 5x5's and in the last month I've put about 30-35 pounds on my bench (this is my first month training in a long time) I'm getting stronger but I still feel like I'm not accomplishing anything when I don't get sore, input?

SHAOKAHN is offline Member
    People would like to help you. In order to do that, you'll need to specificlly list what your eating throughout the day, what exercises you're doing, and what you are trying to accomplish/goal is, to answer this.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlyman
    Anyway my chest NEVER gets sore, I mean while I'm lifting it does but never an hour later or even the next day.

freakintraining is offline Associate Member
    how is your form? are you more of a shoulder bench presser? try changing your routine, do thisng you normally wouldnt do

Yeah I read on here about shoulder pressing it's the first I've ever heard of that, so two days ago when I lifted chest I went really wide (it actualy helped my bench out, I dont have a sticking point halfway through) but still no soreness in my chest.

As far as diet goes, 1.5-2 lbs of chicken a day and 12-15 servings of brown rice (spaced out over the day) 1 lbs of green beans and about 10 servings of mandrin oranges, Every other meal is a muscle milk mixed with water, so if I start with a solid meal in the morning I'll go Solid, shake, solid, shake, solid, shake solid (or something similiar)

I just don't know what I could possibly be doing wrong, my partner I lift with gets sore as hell and we do the exact same exercises and reps.

And I thought I would mention I did legs yesterday (I usually do leg presses) I did squats (ass to calves) and it wasn't even heavy weight compared to what I can do 90degrees, and I can barely walk today. my quads are absolutley killing me, so I know I can get sore, just not chest.

I've tried dumbells, bar, incline, decline, flat, flies, pec deck. I usually do 5x5's of 3 or 4 of those exercises I mentioned, but I get nothing.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    I cant answer as to WHY you dont get sore, but I can say that soreness is not an indicator of growth, therefore because your not sore doesnt mean you arn't growing.. Perhaps try switching your routin up for chest, as it may have adapted

Mogambo is offline New Member
    Totally agree with needmorestrenght, being sore or not being sore doesn't mean jack, and considering u just increased your weights 30 pounds on the lift I would stick with it, people would kill for that type of progress. If it aint broke dont fix it.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    When you experience muscle soreness, it means that you have done damage to your muscle fibers. During recovery, nutrition and rest, the body repairs the muscle and increases the size of the fibers. The fibers supercompensate and, as a result, they're trying to prepare themselves for the next workout stressor. You do not need to do severe muscle damage to hypertrophy the muscle fibers. Perform more work than last workout and you are good to go. You are doing fine. You probably have a greater workload capacity than your partner does. Don't sweat it, bro.
    Last edited by striker93; 08-13-2005 at 03:57 PM.

chest6 is offline Banned
    i agree with needmorestrength..muscle soreness is not necessarily an indicator of muscle growth or strength...
    but if u must know..heavy negatives helped me get really sore..50 lbs heavier than your max 2-3 times

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by striker93
    When you experience muscle soreness, it means that you have done damage to your muscle fibers. During recovery, nutrition and rest, the body repairs the muscle and increases the size of the fibers. The fibers supercompensate and, as a result, they're trying to prepare themselves for the next workout stressor. You do not need to do severe muscle damage to hypertrophy the muscle fibers. Perform more work than last workout and you are good to go. You are doing fine. You probably have a greater workload capacity than your partner does. Don't sweat it, bro.
    This guys knows his stuff! I would also suggest as previous stated to switch up your routine!

Thread Information