My legs will not grow anymore!!!!

I can squat 375 for a max 1 time thats not to good for my weight(215)my legs just dont seem to get bigger here is my leg workout: squats 7 sets,front squat 3 sets, leg curls 4 sets,leg extensions 4 sets usually keep the weight heavy for my reps for squats

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendKiller85
    I can squat 375 for a max 1 time thats not to good for my weight(215)my legs just dont seem to get bigger here is my leg workout: squats 7 sets,front squat 3 sets, leg curls 4 sets,leg extensions 4 sets usually keep the weight heavy for my reps for squats
    I would ditch the front squats. I would do them to change it up every once in awhile..but thats it. Leg Ext are pointless to gain mass also. What do ur reps look like?

my reps are in the 6-8 rep range

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    In your leg routine you dont mention doing calves at all for one problem. You're also not doing enough hamstring exercises in comparison to what you're doing for your quads. Make sure you're not going too heavy in the weight and that you're getting at least 6-8 reps. Make sure you're bringing your thighs down to at least parallel and getting enough calories. Could be a number of problems but I would make sure that you address all the ones that i mentioned.

I do calves every other day, what are some more hamstring exercises that I could be doing?

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Deadlift to upper shin...

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Straight leg deadlifts is a good one. There are at least 3 variations on hamstring curls that all have a very different feel to them, seat, laying and kneeling. I usually incorporate both kneeling and laying into my hamstring routine.

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    LK85, why not drop some weight and hit up 12-15 reps for legs? SC recommended I do a 3:2 ratio (you will have to lower the weight to do this 3:2, but you WILL feel it). For example, 3 second count on the descent of squats, and then 2 second count on the ascent. This is for quad growth. You will obviously get stronger as time progresses. However, big, sweeping, and seperated Quads is what you want, or a just a big squat? ............If you want to get your numbers up, follow the guide by that monster from west side, in the stickies above.
    Also, you could superset calves with quads and rest a little longer between sets.
    Last edited by Keyser Sozey; 08-15-2005 at 08:09 PM.

Iam trying to get my legs bigger and seperated but a little strengh would be good too

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    For getting your legs bigger, try what Ian King from t-nation.com suggests. Create a workout day for quad-dominant exercises (squat, leg extensions, etc.) and a workout day for hip(or glutes/hams)-dominant exercises (deadlift, leg curls). He is the best strength coach, IMO, for creating muscle balance in the legs.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    My legs are getting better than they ever were AFTER double patellar ruptures, and it's because I utilize my 20 rep squat routine, having pre-exhausted the legs first w/other exercises. Do a search here and you'll find out what I mean. Many have used my protocol and have grown like never before.

~SC~

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    throw in LUNGES

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    add some stiff legged and glute/ham raises for hamstrings those are probably the best exercises for them....for most the hams are the most neglected muscle and people think that the only exercise for them is curls so give those a try and it will give them a good shock

sinista63 is offline Associate Member
    speaking from personal experience... are you doing a lot of cardio? i've found that by replacing most of the cardio i was doing with sprint workouts, i was able to hold onto more mass on my legs and felt like they got stronger, faster.

HiFi is offline Associate Member
    my reps are in the 6-8 rep range
    theres your problem..the legs are a big muscle, 6 to 8 reps is nothing. drop the weight and increase the reps, you want to shoot for 15-20 reps and i guarantee u will see growth. its the same way tom platz built his tree trunk sized legs.

swole,I think i will drop the weight down to 205 and try you 15-rep range after doing the extensions

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by HiFi
    theres your problem..the legs are a big muscle, 6 to 8 reps is nothing. drop the weight and increase the reps, you want to shoot for 15-20 reps and i guarantee u will see growth. its the same way tom platz built his tree trunk sized legs.
    BINGO, we have a winner!

~SC~

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HiFi
    I got some major leg growth from this...I cant put my jeans over midway up my thigh now that fit in May

znak is offline Senior Member
    swole,I think i will drop the weight down to 205 and try you 15-rep range after doing the extensions
    Try putting a bench or a box under your butt to make sure that you are going to parallel or a little lower. On numbers 18, 19 & 20, the squats have a tendency to get shallower and shallower. The bench/box is a good reference point to make sure you are getting the best bang for your buck.

Thread Information