KingMike is offline Associate Member

Cardo twice a day too much?

6 foot 184, about 14% fat. I am on a 1 on 1 off split but lately I have been bored so I raised my calories to 2300 on cardio days and added a second cardio session at around 4 pm, 3 hours after my last P/F meal. Is this overkill? My workouts have not suffered, yet?

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    If you do a double session make sure its on a non-lifting day.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KingMike
    6 foot 184, about 14% fat. I am on a 1 on 1 off split but lately I have been bored so I raised my calories to 2300 on cardio days and added a second cardio session at around 4 pm, 3 hours after my last P/F meal. Is this overkill? My workouts have not suffered, yet?
    If strength is not decreasing....then yeah go ahead....I workout(powerlifting/olympiclifting) in the evening and run about 7-8 miles in the morning...Still making strength gains...and have noticed a very small increase in muscle..im cutting btw...very slowly .make sure ur diet is perfect tho

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KingMike

i sometimes do 2 cardio sessions on non lifting days

why do u feel the need to raise calories for this though

mitch911 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Force
    i sometimes do 2 cardio sessions on non lifting days

thats what i do aswell in place of the time i would go to the gym i just hop on the treadmill and walk for 45 mins i keep my cals the same tho dont raise either and its burning pure fat seeing how i go no carb or very close on non lifting days

Should my post cardio meal contain fat? I usually just 2 3 scoops of whey which is 57 P, a little fat and carbs (from the whey). What calorie range do you reccomend for a 184 pounder that wants SO BAD to loose his lower belly but gain, retain mass.

timtim is offline Member
    Should my post cardio meal contain fat? I usually just 2 3 scoops of whey which is 57 P, a little fat and carbs (from the whey). What calorie range do you reccomend for a 184 pounder that wants SO BAD to loose his lower belly but gain, retain mass.
    when i do doubles, i'll have my carbs after my last session. this would mean the meals following the first session would be pro/fat.

for calorie ranges you could use the harris benedict formula (do a search - this formula is not correct for everyone, myself included, but it's a good start). you could also do bodyweight x 10 - 12 for cutting. experimenting to see what works is necessary.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Force

Yeah, that's weird. It makes no sense really if you are adding cardio to speed up fat loss. Either tighten the diet and eliminate the 2nd cardio session, or keep the diet and add a 2nd cardio session. Adding calories AND cardio is like pissing into the wind.

~SC~

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Yeah, that's weird. It makes no sense really if you are adding cardio to speed up fat loss. Either tighten the diet and eliminate the 2nd cardio session, or keep the diet and add a 2nd cardio session. Adding calories AND cardio is like pissing into the wind.

~SC~
    @ pissin into the wind.
    it's more like depositing $100 in the bank, walking out and take back from the ATM outside.

Zapp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by smokethedays
    @ pissin into the wind.
    it's more like depositing $100 in the bank, walking out and take back from the ATM outside.
    LMAO...You hit the nail on the head then Smoke.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    its like having a big mac meal with a diet coke LOL
    haha just joining in the joke sorry lol

It's like drinking a shot at an AA meeting

If I do double cardio sessions on non lift days should I incorporate a carb meal somewhere, if so where? You guys are right, as usual, I will keep the calories at 2150 or so.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Eat according to your normal schedule, if you have carbs before make sure its about 2.5 to 3 hours before. If you have one after, make sure its like 45 mins after cardio.

Thread Information