Girlyman is offline Associate Member

Weird calf muscles

Most peoples calves I see are like a ball or small mass on the backside of the leg, I dont really have one of those. My calf muscles (at least I think it's my calves) stick out the inside of each of my legs. Its kinda like a large almond shaped lump on the insides of my lower legs. Anybody have any idea why my calves would develop there instead of the normal place? I ski a shitload like 25hours a week in the winter as well as a lot of hiking and mountaineering, perhaps that contributes to the abnormal position of them?

Powerathlete is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlyman
    Most peoples calves I see are like a ball or small mass on the backside of the leg, I dont really have one of those. My calf muscles (at least I think it's my calves) stick out the inside of each of my legs. Its kinda like a large almond shaped lump on the insides of my lower legs. Anybody have any idea why my calves would develop there instead of the normal place? I ski a shitload like 25hours a week in the winter as well as a lot of hiking and mountaineering, perhaps that contributes to the abnormal position of them?
    Post a pic.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    The gastrocnemius is stressed with an exercise like standing calf raises (legs almost straight but with a slight bend in the knees). The soleus is stressed with an exercise like seated calf raises (legs bent at the knee - 90 degrees). When your gastrocnemius is well-developed the medial portion of your calf will stick out more. When your soleus is well-developed the lateral portion of your calf will be more noticable.

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerathlete
    Post a pic.
    Agreed, just show us what you talkin bout homie.

Girlyman is offline Associate Member
    Sorry fellas I don't have a camera, but I plan on getting one soon so I can track progress every month, make sure I'm on the right track and such. it just doesnt look like other peoples calves thats all. I have nothing behind my leg its all on the side. I figured may it grew like that because my ski boots were too tight or something

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Many people struggle with their calves due to genetic factors. If you have high insertion points, then you will have less potential for large calves.

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    yes, calf size is geneticly determined, and I got the shaft there. But they are defined and strong for what I need them for so I'm not complaining. I'm sure your calves are fine though bro, just work em' hard.

Thread Information