eljeffe is offline Junior Member

Legs every four days?

I am thinking of doing legs every fourth day. I just started a cycle of Test C and EQ so I figure my body can handle it. Just wandering what everyone thought of that? Also what kind of split should I do if that is what I end up doing, I was thinking heavy 1 time, light the next. I am also going to do calfs every other day the whole time because they need work, anyone have any really killer calf workouts, I can not seem to get them to grow, thanks in advance.

Zapp is offline Banned
    Some people can work legs every fourth day.....but impossible for me. Every 6 days is the earliest I can do'em. As far as your calves go.....2 days a week is plenty.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I did my leg protocol on Monday.

It's now Thursday and my hamstrings are still so f*cking sore there is no way in BLUE H*LL that I could train tomorrow.

You grow OUT of the gym, not in it.

~SC~

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    If you want to train legs that frequently, I would recommend breaking them up into quad dominant days (squats, leg extensions, etc.) and hip dominant days (deadlifts, leg curls, etc.). I would go with the same rep and set scheme for these days to create muscle balance. I noticed when I included a hip dominant day, it really picked up my calves. The calves are heavily involved in exercises such as the leg curl. If you don't believe it, point your toes down and try to leg curl. I betcha the weight was considerably less and you felt it in your hamstrings more. I work calves, gastrocnemius and soleus, on the hip dominant day. I really don't believe in the extra days, personally.

chest6 is offline Banned
    If you can handle it man..I used to train every 4, then I had to move to 5 cuz I coudlnt handle it. Then I moved to once a week where I am now and that seems to be plenty.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Bottom line is you have got to find what works for you. If you pound the sh*t out of them, you will probably not be able to do them if four days. It is hard though to tell during a session how they will feel in a couple days. Strange, but I can do the same workout, with more or less the same weights and intensity and one day I will be trashed and the other I will be fine.

Try it. See what works for you. It probably would not work for me personally, but I am not you.

thanks normally i could not handle anything but more than once a week but on this cycle I seem to be recovering alot faster and i think I will do a heavy day and then an explosion day (leaping squats, lunges up stairs). Well now that i think about it anyone have any other good explosion leg exersises? Appreciate everyone helping out.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Jumping squats, jumping lunges, and jumping knee tucks.

what is a jumping knee tuck?

Thread Information