guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test

Question Negatives and Rest Pauses

Is anyone here a firm believer in negatives and/or rest pause? Can you explain your opinions, methods or any other info please?

How do you perform your Rest Pauses? I have heard of a few different ways.

tretch187 is offline Associate Member
    All this talk has me thinking you may not be ready for DC bro. Try something else first....

could be wrong though. Do a google search... tons of stuff comes up

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=267max2

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Negatives are were the tearing of the muscle fibers occurs. If it was possible to do a negative-only program, the results would be amazing. It's impossible to do this though, due to the lack of spotters for every rep of every exercise. Just make sure you get adequate rest and nutrition. With this high intensity training, you cannot train as often. I'll take my set to failure and have my partner help with two forced reps and then one negative rep. Usually, after the negative, my partner practically pulls the bar out of my hands upon racking. I have that little strength left.

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Quote Originally Posted by tretch187
    All this talk has me thinking you may not be ready for DC bro. Try something else first....

could be wrong though. Do a google search... tons of stuff comes up

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=267max2
    I have heard of two different ways of DC, rest pause. yes, I am in the process of reading it for the 2nd time right now. The way Im doing em now, is just do straight reps, then rack it, rest about30 sec, pump out a few more, rack it, rest 30 sec, pump out my last reps. Im tryin to get the stretches down.

I have read that you should rest 1 min in between rp though.also that you should decrease your rest periods from 1 min to 45, 30 sec after u can complete 10 reps rp total, then after you can complete 10 rp reps with 15 sec rest, up the weight, repeat. I am not sure though, so back to reading........

mitch911 is offline Member
    you want 12 deep breaths inbetween ur rest pause sets

Thread Information