xxxl83 is offline Productive Member

Hardgainers do they really exist???

I recently read a post and the topic of being a hardgainer came up.
    I personally don't believe so called Hardgainers exist. IMO a "Hardgainer" is someone who isn't really trying to gain weight. Just because you go to the gym and workout then go home and drink a protein shake doesn't mean your really trying. If you weigh 200 and your goal is to be 220 you have to eat like a 220 lb. person eats.
    Now don't get me wrong I do believe some people grow easier than others but, I think too many people fall back on the Hardgainer excuse. If most hardgainers ate (and sometimes it may mean force feeding themselves) with the discipline that many use to "cut up" I think they would reach their goals with out problem.
    You never hear of a dedicated B.B.er saying "I just can't seem to loose the weight" before a contest. Yet we seem to be o.k. with the opposite when people don't put on size.
    You must EAT BIG to get BIG!!!

I'd like to hear your oppinions.
    Last edited by xxxl83; 04-28-2002 at 08:15 PM.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Endomorphs. These are pear-shaped and curvy with small to medium bones, little-to-no muscle definition and short arms and legs. This body type has the slowest, most stubborn metabolism, so to lose or retain weight, the endomorph must do cardiovascular work six to seven days a week for 45 to 75 minutes. The endomorph should do weight training two or three times a week, focusing on building upper-body strength. They should limit exercises that build the lower body, such as step and stair climbing.

Mesomorphs. These are medium to large-boned, have an athletic hourglass shape and well-developed muscles. Women with this body type should do cardiovascular work four to five times a week for 30 minutes to an hour, because they are prone to heart disease. They should avoid excessive strength training because they tend to get bulky muscles. Instead they should weight train two or three times a week using moderate weights and high repetitions.

Ectomorph. This body type is lean, angular, small-chested, have limbs longer than their torso, poor muscle tone and a fast metabolism. Such body types need to concentrate on weight training two to three times a week to build muscle. They should do cardiovascular work no more that three times a week for 30 to 45 minutes, or they can lose muscle.

What is your body type?

To quickly identify your body type, encircle one wrist with your hand’s middle finger and thumb. If the middle finger and thumb overlap, chances are you are an ectomorph. If your middle finger and thumb just touch, you are probably a mesomorph. If your middle finger and thumb do not touch, you are probably an endomorph.

Recent research shows that how you talk to yourself has a great impact on whether you can attain the type of body you desire. Berating yourself sends negative messages to every cell of your body, and that hampers weight-loss, says psychologist Linda Joy Rose, of Newport Beach, Calif. “Women who practice positive self-talk find they see a transformation in their bodies much more quickly.”

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Bexsome, I can touch and almost cover half the fingernail with my finger. I guess that makes me an Ectomorph.

Okay I'm an Eckto, then why do I have the stubborn middle spare tire ?

Does your body-type alter with age ? The rest of the body has stayed relitively lean, but that of so nasty middle just doesn't wanna go away.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Canes you can get a middle if you dont eat enough...If you let your self go hungry alot of the time. When you eat it will store as fat because your body will think it is going to starve again(ITS CALLED FAIL SAFE)Graze through the day dont pig out in one or three sittings...Plus as you get older you metablizem will slow down..( SORRY FOR THE CRAP SPELLING)
    Last edited by bex; 04-29-2002 at 03:52 AM.

Originally posted by bexsome
    Canes you can get a middle if you dont eat enough...If you let your self go hungry alot of the time. When you eat it will store as fat because your body will think it is going to starve again(ITS CALLED FAIL SAFE)Graze through the day dont pig out in one or three sittings...
    Thanks Bexsome

Plus as you get older you metablizem will slow down..( SORRY FOR THE CRAP SPELLING)
    No thanks Bexsome

<J/K >

deh310 is offline New Member
    mesomorph here

Originally posted by deh310
    mesomorph here
    grrrrr....I hate you

just kidding bro

CrazyRussian is offline Associate Member
    mesomorph here

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    im a straight ectomorph. i am skinny with very fast metabolism aka hardgainer. i have seen an article in muscle and fitness talking about how some peoples cells let more muscle growth happen (mesomorphs)while others peoples muscles restrict muscle growth, these would be the hardgainers. i eat tons amounts of protein and calories and workout generally 3-4 days a week. i have friends that are my age (17) and have no idea what protein is and workout once a week and they are twice as big as me. so the answer to ur question is yes hardgainers do exist
    Last edited by Khull_Khuum; 04-29-2002 at 03:02 PM.

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    does anybody think its possible that ur body type could change as u get older? such as an ectomorph turning into a mesomorph? sure would be nice

Thread Information