Chris_ATV is offline Junior Member

Need Help: Curling Injury

I was using an easy curl bar with a 35 on each side, I usually do 6-8 reps.
    Well yesterday it felt like i pulled or tore something on the underside of my forearm, it feels like maybe a tendon that runs along side the bone.
    Today it is very sore to the touch and I'm wondering what this may be and if I should take it easy for a while.
    Thanks

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_ATV
    I was using an easy curl bar with a 35 on each side, I usually do 6-8 reps.
    Well yesterday it felt like i pulled or tore something on the underside of my forearm, it feels like maybe a tendon that runs along side the bone.
    Today it is very sore to the touch and I'm wondering what this may be and if I should take it easy for a while.
    Thanks
    Are you on a cycle of AAS? Sometimes the muscle grows faster than the tendon strength and you can be suspectible to strains or tears. If not, I believe you probably strained a forearm flexor muscle on your curls. When we're taking muscle to tendon it's called a strain (quad strain). When we're talking bone to bone it's called a sprain (ankle sprain). If it's sore to touch, I would take some time off to let it heal or better yet, get it looked at by a professional.

Zapp is offline Banned
    Bro I get that all of the time from curling on the preacher. Hurts like hell don't it? That's why I switched to Hammer Strengh preacher. Doesn't hurt near as bad. If it's like mine....It will come and go. Just leave the free weight preacher alone for a while, it should get better in a few weeks.

Chris_ATV is offline Junior Member
    Im not on any type of cycle and haven't been in over a year.
    It does hurt when i push on it. It has ached before but not like it is now, I can still feel it hurting a little after 4 days.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Did you warm-up adequately before starting the curls? Sometimes jumping into your main sets without increased the temperature of the muscle can lead to strains. I have done this myself. I do not remember one of my strains lasting longer than a week, though. Go by your gut instinct. If you feel something is wrong, have it checked out. If not, just give it rest.

Thread Information