massripped is offline Junior Member

New Workout...Let me know what you think

I am a hardgainer/ectmorph.This is a new workout I will be starting and will be using for my bulking cycle coming up. Every set is to failure between 6-10reps. Let me know what you think if I should change something or not. Thanx

Monday---CHEST

Incline Flyes -- 3sets 6-10reps
    Incline Press -- 4sets 6-10reps
    Bench Press -- 3sets 6-10reps

Tuesday--- BACK

Pulldowns(behind neck)-- 4sets 6-10reps
    Seated Rows-------------3sets 6-10reps
    Deadlifts -----------------3sets 6-10reps

Wednesday--- SHOULDERS

Military Press(front)---- 3sets 6-10reps
    Side D-bell Raises ----- 3sets 6-10reps
    Rear Delt Machine ----- 3sets 6-10reps
    Shrugs -----------------3sets 6-10reps

Thursday--- BICEPS & TRICEPS

Incline D-bell curls ------- 3sets 6-10reps
    Standing curls ------------4sets 6-10reps
    Skull crushers ------------ 4sets 6-10reps
    Cable Pressdowns--------- 3sets 6-10reps

Friday---LEGS

Squats --------------------4sets 6-10reps
    Stiff-legged Deadlifts-------3sets 6-10reps
    Leg Curls ------------------3sets 6-10reps
    Standing Calf Raises --------4sets 6-10reps

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    If you are a hard gainer i would do 2 days on 1 off 2 on 2 off....you need time to rest and grow...

j.j. is offline Associate Member
    I agree take some time off in there somewhere, I think we somtimes forget that rest is just as important as lifting. I am like you I would work out seven days a week, but the muscles tire even though your not working a major muscle group. so the secondary muscles may not be fully rested yet. chill, I know it's hard, but from learning the hard way muscles need time to rest.

postel is offline Junior Member
    I agree go, 2 0n, 1off, 2 on, 2 off. You've got the right idea for chest but I would do either incline or flat bench. If you want do both in the same session do one heavy and the other light. Also add some cables, good for getting theat squeeze.
    Add bent over rows to your back work out.
    Forget about training your arms on a seperate day. Do biceps with back and triceps with chest because the arms get worked hard enough with chest, back and shoulders.
    Shoulders looks fine but I would be tempted to use dumb-bell presses instead of military and try doing some wide gripped uplright rows.
    For legs add the leg press and leg extension.
    By only making a few changes you'll find that your growing quicker and you have more spare time.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I like what you have. I would definitly add barbell rows for you back. I am on about the same schedule and it is working for me. I have found after a few weeks that I went up from 4 to 5 sets, and had anywhere between 4-5 exercises per body part.

I would give it a try for 6 weeks, if you don't like it then switch up.

Dizzy is offline Banned
    I agree with the 2 on 1 off 2 on 2 off. So add biceps to back and triceps to chest day. Definately add bent over rows to back day. I think as a hardgainer you should stick to flat bench and do either flyes or dumbell presses inclined. I like to mix it up. One week do incline presses, the next do incline flyes.

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    Have you tried maybe to at least split and train legs in the middle of your workout? What I have noticed is that I need to let my upper body rest a bit and with training legs say on a Wednesday, your still giving your upper body a little rest. That way your body is not as tired by the end of the week. When I trained my legs after doing all the upper body training I almost felt as though I wasn't giving my legs enough intensity by the end of the week. JMO, I know I'm only a girl but that is what I have experienced.

How about this:

MONDAY------ Shoulders & Triceps
    TUESDAY------Back
    WEDNESDAY--- Off
    THURSDAY-----Chest & Biceps
    FRIDAY---------Legs
    SATURDAY------Off
    SUNDAY--------Off

I am going to take out the D-bell Incline Presses from Chest and do 8sets for Chest.

For the Back I didn't add bent over rows because they work the same as doing seated rows as far as I know.

For the Legs I dont think it would be necessary to add Leg press if I am doing Squats but maybe I could throw a set or two of leg extensions.

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    I pretty much agree with everybody else. You might want to do your side D-bell raises first in your shoulder routine. This will isolate your shoulder so that your arms don't tire out before your shoulder does. People have a tendency to exhaust the arms from lifting heavy and then the shoulders get underworked. Save the arm muscles for the heavy movements like mil press. Just try it and see what happens.

Dizzy is offline Banned
    Originally posted by massripped
    How about this:

MONDAY------ Shoulders & Triceps
    TUESDAY------Back
    WEDNESDAY--- Off
    THURSDAY-----Chest & Biceps
    FRIDAY---------Legs
    SATURDAY------Off
    SUNDAY--------Off

I am going to take out the D-bell Incline Presses from Chest and do 8sets for Chest.

For the Back I didn't add bent over rows because they work the same as doing seated rows as far as I know.

For the Legs I dont think it would be necessary to add Leg press if I am doing Squats but maybe I could throw a set or two of leg extensions.
    Looks good to me bro.

Dizzy is offline Banned
    Originally posted by Babyweight
    Have you tried maybe to at least split and train legs in the middle of your workout? What I have noticed is that I need to let my upper body rest a bit and with training legs say on a Wednesday, your still giving your upper body a little rest. That way your body is not as tired by the end of the week. When I trained my legs after doing all the upper body training I almost felt as though I wasn't giving my legs enough intensity by the end of the week. JMO, I know I'm only a girl but that is what I have experienced.
    Only a girl? Oh Babyweight stop it. lol. I think your opinion is just as important as anyone else on this board.

postel is offline Junior Member
    I wouldn't take out the incline presses IMHO I think they should stay to keep the chest in proportion, in about 6 months time you don't want to be playing catch up to your lower pec.

ooops. That was a mistake. I am keeping the Incline presses and taking out the Incline flyes

Thread Information