ThePhoenix is offline New Member

Does anyone here NOT work arms?

I know some bodybuilders that claim they never directly work their arms. Do any of you not work your arms? Do they still grow at a decent rate? The reason I ask is that my arms grow a lot faster than the rest of my body and it is starting to look stupid. They are so much bigger than my shoulders. I still want them to grow though. They do get sore after chest/back workouts. Anyone have any success without working arms? It would also cut down on workout time which would be nice.

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    i'm in the same boat as you are, it's genetics. i don't have the small shoulder problem though. i have gone weeks without training my arms just stimulation through push and pull movements and my arms did not shrink. maybe you should try specifically hitting you're arms every 2 weeks or so and concentrate on getting wider shoulder's. this is really not a bad problem because alot of guys would increase the size of their arms over any other body part.

playa4933 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JAYROD
    alot of guys would increase the size of their arms over any other body part.
    haha i dont know about that. But yeah dude its mainly genetics.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix
    I know some bodybuilders that claim they never directly work their arms.
    Like whom? Can you give us an example? Do you "know" them personally, or you just read this somewhere?

Thanks,
    ~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix
    I know some bodybuilders that claim they never directly work their arms. Do any of you not work your arms? Do they still grow at a decent rate? The reason I ask is that my arms grow a lot faster than the rest of my body and it is starting to look stupid. They are so much bigger than my shoulders. I still want them to grow though. They do get sore after chest/back workouts. Anyone have any success without working arms? It would also cut down on workout time which would be nice.
    There was a brief period of a couple months that I neglected arms totally, and still gained 1/2" on them. I focused mainly on power training like deadlifting and squats, bent over rows, bench etc. I get a good arm pump from my back workouts as well, and I think the time off definitely helped almost surge them into growth. I have a freind like you, arms are so overpowering the rest of him looks out of proportion and smaller, even though its not. My advice is to really hammer chest and delts hard to make everything flow together better. I think you need to priority train at this point. Get the symmetry and proportion, then take the rest from there. good luck

Girlyman is offline Associate Member
    I am on a bulking routine at the moment and I don't lift arms. I just think it looks incredibly dumb when people have huge arms and spindly little legs and chest. I am just gonna get my legs/chest/back/shoudlers in order before I worry about beefing up the old arms.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Gonna stop working them out soon...gonna start a power/olympic lifting WO soon ...

But no I dont know anyone who does not work arms and has big arms...

Flexor is offline Banned
    I'm the other way around...

My shoulders have grown like weeds to absolute coconuts before my bis and tris which seem to grow steadily. That's why I've avoided overhead presses since benchpresses seem to have made them grow like sh**

ward065 is offline Member
    Some guys work back, chest, legs once per week (that require compound movements) and then work out arms once every one and a half weeks. One guy at my gym only trains each bodypart (including chest, back, and legs) only once every 10 days or so yet, he is huge. So the point is individual training is an individual thing.

ThePhoenix is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Like whom? Can you give us an example? Do you "know" them personally, or you just read this somewhere?

Thanks,
    ~SC~
    Yeah i know them personally. They are amateurs not pros. Still in great shape though. They workout at my local gym.

Thread Information