hanksb is offline New Member

havent gained strength in a year need help

hi guys need some help, my training seems to be going no where at the moment and im losing motivation. im not gaining strength on any exercises really and im not gaining bodyweight. my diet isnt 100% at the moment so i realise this is probaly the main cause but is there anything different i can do in my workouts to help.

my routine is a standard
    mon chest/triceps
    tues legs/calves
    wed/rest
    thursday back/lats
    fri shoulder/traps/biceps
    sat/rest
    sunday/muay thai

i do all the big compound movements bench/deadlift,squat
    i do about 10-12 sets for big bodyparts, 6 for the small

i can only squat 60kg
    i can only bench 60kg
    i can deadlift 110kg

i know these numbers are pathetic but i dont seem to be able to move up in weight, i try to add weight every week but i just fail normally on the 1st rep

im 6ft weigh 175, my diet is ok but alot of it is made up n large shakes so im probaly not taking in enough proper food. any help would be appreciated as im really losing motivation at the gym now, ive been training reguarly for a year now and the weights have been stuck for the whole year.

genetically im not strong i used to weigh 140 2 years ago and my family are all thin,

any advice on upping my weights would be great
    thanks

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Check the diet forum. I didn't even bother reading your post, it's your diet. It is always the problem.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ReX357
    Check the diet forum. I didn't even bother reading your post, it's your diet. It is always the problem.
    Well I did...and it is diet

captain chet is offline Junior Member
    Diet is huge, i couldnt grow for a while, and here is my progression pics.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    While I do drink shakes and see a value in them they are no substitute for real food! Eat all of the good foods that you can and sit back and watch your strength go up. I eat myself through plateau's

Darkness is offline Member
    Its not just the diet, that guy has been doing the same split for a year!!!! Heck I change my routine every 3 months to prevent plateaus.

Also, N large is a supplement, its supposed to supplement your diet not to BE your diet, understand? You need whole food not just shakes.

Good luck.

hanksb is offline New Member
    ok thaks everyone im going to start trying to follow the bulking diet in the diet forum and see how it goes, i have been on this spilt for a year but i di change the exercises

ReX357 is offline "Toughest & Best Looking Guy Around Here"
    Seriously I could go on for years with the same routine... As long as I have my diet in check, I'll go through any plateau.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness
    Its not just the diet, that guy has been doing the same split for a year!!!! Heck I change my routine every 3 months to prevent plateaus.
    Yup..I try to change my routine often. Try doing an arm day in there. Something like this
    monday-chest
    tuesday-back
    wednesday-legs
    thursday-shoulders
    friday-off
    sat-arms or alternate shoulders and arms

ward065 is offline Member
    proper food- need to have a balance of foods, fruits, meats, vegetables, carbs... what's worked really well for me is 30% carbs - 40-45% protein 25-30% fats. it is not necessary to eat totally clean all the time either, but solid chicken, turkey breast, etc i think is a lot better in general than getting most of that protein from shakes.

change your routine somewhat with each workout. perhaps change 2 exercises or something like that- do not do the exact same workout week after week. push yourself very hard, and allow ample rest between training sessions. Also, focus on the mind muscle connection- really feel it in your muscles- it isn't all about the weight. It does not hurt to take an extra break when you feel you need it either. If you are training to the absolute max, which is necessary to really build yourself up, chances are at some point you will feel somewhat run down and will need an extra period of rest.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ward065
    proper food- need to have a balance of foods, fruits, meats, vegetables, carbs... what's worked really well for me is 30% carbs - 40-45% protein 25-30% fats. it is not necessary to eat totally clean all the time either, but solid chicken, turkey breast, etc i think is a lot better in general than getting most of that protein from shakes.

change your routine somewhat with each workout. perhaps change 2 exercises or something like that- do not do the exact same workout week after week. push yourself very hard, and allow ample rest between training sessions. Also, focus on the mind muscle connection- really feel it in your muscles- it isn't all about the weight. It does not hurt to take an extra break when you feel you need it either. If you are training to the absolute max, which is necessary to really build yourself up, chances are at some point you will feel somewhat run down and will need an extra period of rest.
    I agree with the second part. But I am not agreeing with 40-45% protein here. I think you should switch the protein and carb percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    I agree with the second part. But I am not agreeing with 40-45% protein here. I think you should switch the protein and carb percentage.
    it's worked very well for me though. Upping the protein intake significantly is what caused me to overcome plateaus in the past.

chest6 is offline Banned
    protein intake is very important ill agree with you. How many calories do you take in a day??

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    protein intake is very important ill agree with you. How many calories do you take in a day??
    3300-3800 non workout days. workout days 3800-4300 it seems..... varies quite a bit, but i know when i am hungry.

chest6 is offline Banned
    you could easily up the carbs...i was doin 1.5g protein a day and my carbs were still low and i doubled them or so and saw a huge difference. Some might be bloat but that can help your strength out a bit and it wont stay as long as you control it

Thread Information