Headdown is offline New Member

Addicted to squat!!

I was the type of guy who used to hate to train legs, but since i became a member in this forum and learned the good sides of a leg workout, i realized how much time i wasted not training legs and i became addicted to squat, i only feel good when i am squating and canīt wait until next leg workout!!
    So, my question is " Can i do squats in every leg workout??", keeping in mind, that i only train each body part every 5th day"

thanks already!!

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    that was exactly how i was now i love them, i would say yes do them every workout.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    hell yeah do them every leg workout....yeah i was the exact same...i once went 3 months without training legs wondering why my upperbody wasnt growing since i was working it out all the time...lol...then i got myself a serious trainer and the first day we did legs i puked so hard...now everyone always tells me my legs are in such good shape and i wonder how much bigger i could be if i had been working them the whole time...so i too am now addicted to squats. i absolutely love them.

chest6 is offline Banned
    squats are fun...they take so much out of you and you get such a sense of accomplishment afterwards. Especially when you see results..like now i cant do shrugs with the bar behind me cuz my huge ass gets in the way

ward065 is offline Member
    man...i wish i was like you guys....

i loathe squats! but i look foward so much to training chest, back, traps and biceps the most. My next group would be calves, deadlifts, shoulders, triceps and abs- the worst group for me is legs and squats....but i still do it

after 3 sets of 10-12 for squats i feel done, but i usually force myself to do hacks or leg presses after, and then leg curls. i probably could do better though if i had more motivation
    Last edited by ward065; 08-23-2005 at 04:57 PM.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Once you perfect form and get your strength up in squats it seems to me like you tend to like them more. Maybe squat is your best lift and my opinion is wrong...o well just my experience

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Once you perfect form and get your strength up in squats it seems to me like you tend to like them more. Maybe squat is your best lift and my opinion is wrong...o well just my experience
    my legs are my weakest too......just for comparison......i will squat 260 for 10-12. this is the most weight i can use keeping my form good

Switch over to bench- i'll be able to do 305x6 GOOD REPS. Smack the weight on the dip bar, i'll do 150 pounds, on a belt, for 10. feels verrrry good. Will do wide grip pulldowns, 240x9-12 with great form or 50 pounds on a belt for 8 reps, with great form and i love it!!!!. But squats? makes me sick! Hack squats? Pure hell!!!!!! Lunges? I feel like puking...... lol

chest6 is offline Banned
    haha man seems to me like you bench more than you squat..that aint good. I would strengthen your lower back and do some deadlifts. Those should help you keep a tight arch and keep your form good.

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    haha man seems to me like you bench more than you squat..that aint good. I would strengthen your lower back and do some deadlifts. Those should help you keep a tight arch and keep your form good.
    funny thing is though that i'll DL 405x6, keeping my form good! my lower back is strong.

when i squat though i put my ass on the floor. 260 now is the most i can use keeping the form like that

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    You can squat every leg workout until you continue to see progress. Once you hit a plateau, either take some time off or find a substitute exercise. When you go back to squatting, you'll be stronger than ever.*

*Not necessarily stronger on the first workout but stronger later in the training program.

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    switch up bro. try front squats, paused squat, rock bottom squats, ect. Evetually you will adapt and need to implement some new schemes to continue to make the progress you want.

playa4933 is offline Associate Member
    man i still kinda dislike them, i guess mainly because when i was a young and lifting almost every day (i started lifting at like 12, or at least with a plan) i would always want to have big arms, nice pecs, chizzled abs, and thats about it. So not knowing shit about lifting i barely ever did squats. So now years later my legs are still the weakest part of my body. My arms are the best part of me i would say and i guess i see why, i LOVED and still love curls. And i never went all the way down as a kid so that last 6 inches or so really kick my ass cuz those muscles arent in praportion to the rest of my legs. Glad i joined this board though, now i know whats up.

Can anyone give me some good suggestions on how to actually enjoy working legs?

as i said, i enjoy training virtually every other bodypart. i even like deadlifts which are hardcore- but not squats, hack squats etc.

Hell, i wish i could be addicted to squats as i am to curling!

chest6 is offline Banned
    Well i squat to parallel...i cant shit ass to floor maybe like 405

Thread Information