Girlyman is offline Associate Member

Will I waste my time lifting/dieting in the winter?

Ok guys a quick little background, I statred lifting this summer with a good diet and got great weight gains (im a real hard gainer, or so I thought before I researched nutrition).

Anyway ski season is less than 2 months away for me and competition starts in about 4 months. I ski 4-6hours a day 4+ days a week(I also mountaineer/backcountry tour). With that much cardio will I waste my time or overtax my body trying to weight train? or is it still possible for me to make muscle gains and bulk doing that much cardio? I am willing to pay for a nutritionist to write me up a good diet plan if someone had experience in this kind of situation, I hear Swole is good but I'm also not that rich (skibum).

More or less my question is, if I just flat out eat my ass off (which is difficult to do when you are skiing/working/in school all damn day) Will I still gain? I am really worried that this great upward trend in my weight is about to come crashing down around me

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    I think if you eat correctly and perhaps cut down on some Leg days, you should be fine. You're just going to have to make sure from a nutrition you are getting enough cals and then some to make sure you are still gaining. If you wanna try and design a diet and post it up in the Diet forum I'm sure alotta people will help you out! One suggestion, for your activity I'd say you need a good amount of carbs.

Girlyman is offline Associate Member
    Well I just read in my nutrition textbook that alpine skiing burns roughly 600-700 calories per hour (and they prolly don't ski like me and my friends do) that would be like 3500 calories (pound of fat) per day, man im farked

Thread Information