Thread: Keeping muscle

PIMPOLOGY101 is offline Junior Member

Keeping muscle

AIght here is the deal i just got off a cycle and i looked jacked up. Well then i started 2 a day practices for football and it was really hard to hit the weights. I lost alot of my tone and size. Does anybody no anything that works to help keep muscle tone or size. I mean i know eating and all that, but if there is any good proteins for this or any comments at all.

gimpsgtp is offline Junior Member
    im guessing your doing tons of running and such with the football, increase your food intake to keep both the muscle you have and to help with all the cardio your doing.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Man when I was playing football I had to eat double as much..it will def. help

jjnuggs is offline New Member
    ya gotta eat bro, quick question are yo doing three a days yet? damn i miss three a a days

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jjnuggs
    ya gotta eat bro, quick question are yo doing three a days yet? damn i miss three a a days
    damn u did 3 a days..i never did that shit..

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Increase your caloric intake to match your activity level. This will help you maintain your gains.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Did you do PCT after your cycle?

Flexor is offline Banned
    I think steroid muscle is hard to maintain after you come off steroids , partly because the body is so used to the extra testosterone that is no longer producing its own so there is a sudden drop in the levels, causing muscle atrophy. Also I think the body knows that there is excess muscle that it didn't have before, so I guess its all about diet if steroids take you past your maximum genetic size.

But sometimes steroid muscle has poor capillarisation if bulked too fast, so you need to consolidate the muscle and turn it into quality muscle if you want to keep it which takes months.

My father had 16.5" arms without steroids (heck they didn't exist) and he weighed 185lbs at only 5'6", and that was when he was 28. Now at 60 he's still got 15" arms and only recently have they started to shrink. He's thinking of working out a little, but being careful with his joints

does anyone know that website that gives examples of the earlier day bodybuilders in the 50s and 60s who did it all naturally??? They looked fantastic and must have had brilliant genetics.
    Last edited by Flexor; 08-25-2005 at 08:44 AM.

PIMPOLOGY101 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for all the replys guys yall are helping me alot. We only do 2 a day practices these days. What is PCT. Yeah i have been tryin to eat more but weights are kind of hard sice im already tired from football. But if you know anything else hit me back.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    I think steroid muscle is hard to maintain after you come off steroids, partly because the body is so used to the extra testosterone that is no longer producing its own so there is a sudden drop in the levels, causing muscle atrophy.
    yes this will happen if you do not pct correctly....PCT is to get your natural testosterone up and runnning again as quickly as possible so this doesnt happen, so if you do it correctly, you wont lose much if at all.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Also taking some supps to suppress cortisol will help you big time....Lean Xtreme will do this as will 2-3g of Vit C every few hours.

Flexor is offline Banned
    2-3 g of vitamin c can't be good for you every few hours. that would be like 5 grams a day!!! and the RDA in the US is only 60milligrams. Still that is pretty low but no more than 1 gram a day, i'd say use the other

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    I guess you haven't read Johans post on Vit C. Its in the Diet Forum go check it out. Please don't go by RDA guidelines either.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    2-3 g of vitamin c can't be good for you every few hours. that would be like 5 grams a day!!! and the RDA in the US is only 60milligrams. Still that is pretty low but no more than 1 gram a day, i'd say use the other
    The FDA's RDA

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I use 12 grams of vitamin C a day when I'm trying to keep natural test levels high. I believe Johan is using 14 grams per day.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    So its obvious that hight amounts of testosterone in the body help build muscle and lose fat. So does that mean low amounts cause muscle atrophy and fat gains?

Captain_test is offline Associate Member
    Wait...you miss 3-a days?

Thread Information