Thread: Bulking help

Therocksbiggestfan is offline Associate Member

Bulking help

Hey all,

I was wondering, 2 weeks ago I started a bulking phase, I started at 6 1' 155lbs with approx 8-9% bf, well at least a nice bunch of striations and 6 pack. I started this program fearfull of gaining slopy fat because i was 2 years ago a fat lard 300lbs. But now I am totally a nut for the gym, and my body. But I do carry a lot of fear, and I was not eating nearly enough and doing cardio 7 days a week, because i thought i would get fat. Now on the bulking program I am looking bigger and fealing a whole lot healthier, but I am still unsure about cardio, and gaining fat. What should I do, should i do cardio or not, please help.

also here is my new diet if you all can help with that also.

breakfast.

2 whole eggs

1 1/2 cup egg whites

1 bowl(1 and a half cups) oatmeal

after workout:
    ABB force Mass recovery shake

lunch:
    Chicken breast.

1 bowl oatmeal ( 1 and half cups)

dinner:

Chicken, or 2 cups egg whites
    Oatmeal, or sweet patato

Nightime meal:

Protien shake with milk, and 2 tbs natural penut butter.

Every wednesday I eat lean beef for dinner. about 8oz of 96% fat free beef.

I dont do cardio anymore, but I dont know if I should i had planned on august 29th to start 3 days a week but I am not sure.

Also I am lifting very heavy between 8-12 reps, here is my spilt

monday- chest:

Tuesday- back, and light traps

wednesday- legs

thrusday- sholders and traps

friday - biceps triceps and forearms

thanks and I guess just anything that you all can say to help would be great

thanks

chest6 is offline Banned
    you need to eat more frequently than that. Shoot for 6-8 meals a day.

jjnuggs is offline New Member
    if you want to bulk, you haveta eat more red meat man, even though 96% is lean, make sure that you wash that beef to get it as lean as possible, throw in some casien protein for the nightime meal, it will digest slower than reg whey and ditch the milk, some may disagree with me, especially since i am lacto intolerent, but milk tends to leave people bloated, mix that casien with some water and eat your peanut butter earlier in the day and have a low glycemic carb before bed witht the shake

jjnuggs is offline New Member
    you take three days off in a row when lifting? what do you do for chest?

ward065 is offline Member
    i looked at your diet and it looks about 2800 cals...i would suggest bumping it up a bit more. The quality of your food is very good however.

boondockSAINT is offline Associate Member
    I would highly recommend going to fitday.com and using their nutrition calculators. You can keep track off all the foods you eat, and it will give you totals in Proteins, Carbs, Fats, Cals, etc. Experiment with your diet. If you're eating 3500 calories a day and not gaining any weight try going to 4000. Use the mirror as your guide. When you start losing abs you will probably be around 12%. However many calories you are at at this point might be a good number to keep up. I would continue to do cardio once or twice a week. Also, for bulking stick to the heavy compound movements (bench, squat, dead, row, military). I personally would keep my reps at 5 or under, but everyone is different about that. You're not going to get fat overnight. If it looks like you're putting on more fat than you would like, use fitday to figure out what you need to eat to drop the diet another 500 calories. Good luck.

Therocksbiggestfan is offline Associate Member
    thanks, and to answer some of your questions, i work out mon-friday sat and sunday are my off day.

Thread Information