Thread: Back in the gym

jjalison is offline Junior Member

Smile Back in the gym

Hello,
    I am back in the gym after a 6 year um.. "break" 6'0" 185lbs about 15% body fat. I have changed my diet by cutting out anything but water, all fried foods and generally sticking to as healthy as I can get for food. I am back in the gym for about a month and half now. I have noticed improvements in my ability to perform in the gym so am rather happy about that. The issue is, and maybe its just in my head, but my belly seems to be growing not shrinking. Pretty much it is the only place I have much fat and ITS GROWING. I have added an extra 120g of protein into my diet and eat healthy 3 times a day. Not more than one plate, usually things like rice, chicken and vegetables. I am taking CE2 Creatine. Well thats my story and im sticking to it. Any thoughts would be appreciated and you have my thanks in advance.
    Last edited by jjalison; 08-24-2005 at 09:19 PM.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    How much weight are you gaining per week? If you're not using AAS, try to only gain 1-2 pounds per week or you will be adding extra bodyfat with that knew muscle.

Weight

Not on any aas, have some Deca & Sust on order. I have only added 1 or 2lbs. spent the first month just getting the muscles back in shape. First 2 weeks biking 30mins and swimming 30laps then light weight. 2nd 2 weeks same, but hitting the weights heavier. Last 2 or 3 weeks hitting it until failure. Been hitting it heavier and heavier every week. The problem is my pants seem to be getting tighter. Someone told me it might just be water in my muscles after starting back, but I just cant sink my teath into that one. I am not devoid of muscle so I played with that idea in my head but...

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Have you ever had your body fat percentage taken? That would be the gold standard to see if your adding additional bodyfat to your new muscle. If you're doing exercises like deadlifts, squats, etc. your core will thicken due to the stability demands. If your waist is getting out of control, try posting your diet in the diet forum and some bros will be able to help you out. My speciality is strength training, otherwise, I would help.

Thanks

Thanks for the advise striker. I did think that maybe that was the case. My arms and legs seem to have remembered some of there old training and although have not grown have definately thickened quite a bit. I will just assume for now that my stomach muscles have performed in the same way and are therefore pushing my belly out more. I did take an initial bf reading at the gym, I will go back in and compare it tomarrow. Be safe!

Thread Information