ward065 is offline Member

Crap! did something to my tricep today

when i was doing skullcrushers with 120 lbs, something felt quite strange in my left tricep.....it was not a proper feeling, it was like a kind of sharp pain when my arm went down all the way so i stopped the exercise. My left tricep still feels funny- i have a feeling that it could have gotten worse if i kept on doing the exercise, but i am glad i stopped short as i could have got an injury if i kept at it.

What could this be? it feels a little odd when i move my arm back and forth..... never really had to stop an exercise before because of this... But it doesn't hurt too much, sometihng just told me to stop the exercise

Flexor is offline Banned
    maybe you have a slight muscle tear. they often give a strange sensation like a rubber band pinging in the muscle as well as pain.

when going right to the bottom of the movement it puts a lot of load on the triceps because you've just done the eccentric portion and also the triceps tendon is under severe load (which is why skulls kill my elbows and i do dips instead).

if its really bad i would say rest it, and don't do skulls for a while just some lighter exercises. But if its torn that will just make it worse so you will have to see how it goes. I'm not sure what else you could do, I've never really had to deal with this

But the chances are you just have microtears otherwise your arm might be going black and blue with internal bleeding

ward065 is offline Member
    thanks. yeah, that's basically what it felt like. it does not seem to really bother me now- but it was just a strange feeling that seemed to get worse with each rep yesterday, so something told me to call it quits on the exercise.

Thread Information