Tommy Gunn is offline Member

This is a great exercise for bicep thickness

Since I've started doing close grip reverse preacher curls with the ez bar, my brachialis and forearms have exploded. Great exercise for bicep thickness and forearms.

Anyone else have good results doing these?

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    i'll give it a shot but if i don't get 1 inch on at least i'm gonna

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    The preacher bench is my favorite for biceps. Do you have any problems with your wrists wanting to supinate when approaching failure? Also, do you lose your grip when you approach failure? These are some of the challenges that I noticed. I prefer a medium grip for my preachers.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    i do them to .....

Flexor is offline Banned
    shame i can't do reverse curls or reverse preacher curls, my left elbow is ****ed through stretching the ligaments when i broke my arm when i was 7!!!! so on the concentric part it just keeps really clonking inside as the bones slip around

i'll just have to stick to hammers and chins for the brachs and forearm

LancerO8 is offline New Member
    Could you guys explain the preacher a little more in depth, how do I do it? And what should be my sets and reps?

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by LancerO8
    Could you guys explain the preacher a little more in depth, how do I do it? And what should be my sets and reps?
    The bench's arm pad is usually declined at a 45 degree angle. Take a seat and reach for the racked barbell. Keep your chest against the chest pad and try to keep the upper arms stationary. You can curl the weight with various grips and widths or even use dumbbells or cables. Most people will not go through a full range of motion on this exercise. I say take it through a full range of motion unless you are doing power factor training, etc. The pump is your biceps will be unmatched. Sets and reps will be determined by your strength training experience.

kstone6tb is offline Junior Member
    Gunn, this is one of my all-time favorite bicep exercises. Pardon me for my lack of knowledge, but the brachialis is the muscle in between the bi and tri that sticks oout when u flex with a reverse grip, correct? If so, this exercise blows them up. Also, you might want to try them with a EZ curl sized bar, but thats's straight instead; just to mix it up a little.

Tommy Gunn is offline Member
    I feel when doing these, an ez curl bar is easier on my wrists and works the brachialis more than the straight bar.

Thread Information